I was thinking about other platforms like iOS, Android and WP8. They all have some kind of integration with a desktop OS through one or more popular desktop application: iOS has iTunes, Safari, iWork and iCloud, Android has Chrome and many cloud based services and WP8 has XBOX Music/Video, Internet Explorer, SkyDrive and many other Windows 8 apps (Office, OneNote, Skype, etc.). BlackBerry on the other hand doesn't have anything and I think this is probably the biggest reason why they are losing the battle.

As the title suggests, would you use a BlackBerry desktop browser and BBM for Windows/OSX? How about BlackBerry Protect/Cloud, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Express or Docs To Go? I would love to see some of these make their way to Windows as Metro apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:03 AM
    I was thinking about other platforms like iOS, Android and WP8. They all have some kind of integration with a desktop OS through one or more popular desktop application: iOS has iTunes, Safari, iWork and iCloud, Android has Chrome and many cloud based services and WP8 has XBOX Music/Video, Internet Explorer, SkyDrive and many other Windows 8 apps (Office, OneNote, Skype, etc.). BlackBerry on the other hand doesn't have anything and I think this is probably the biggest reason why they are losing the battle.

As the title suggests, would you use a BlackBerry desktop browser and BBM for Windows/OSX? How about BlackBerry Protect/Cloud, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Express or Docs To Go? I would love to see some of these make their way to Windows as Metro apps.

Posted via CB10
    All of these companies made a name from their desktop applications… blackberry made its name with phones… I think blackberry should focus on what makes them a company first before trying to step in a crowded space like a desktop brewer app… I mean theres safari, firefox, chrome, silverlight, dolphinm etc… lets let blackberry get their phones into the market, get a positive favorability in North America, and get BBM fully integrated cross platform first
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-22-13 07:43 AM
    They definitely should have a desktop client for BBM, don't think there's much need for a desktop browser. It would be nice to be able to import bookmarks from BB10 into Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

Zed30
    12-22-13 08:03 AM
    Yes, maybe a browser is not the best idea, even though I'm sure many BlackBerry users would give it a chance for its syncing abilities and HTML5 support.

But they should definitely release a Windows 8/RT BBM app. They would only have to code it once to target both platforms.

Also, BlackBerry Travel would be a great alternative to the Windows 8 Skyscanner app.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:21 AM
    Bbm desktop was demonstrated in BlackBerry jam asia if you can remember.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:48 AM
    I don't think we necessarily need to see a browser, but desktop BBM would be great. And they really need to fix Link!
    12-22-13 11:25 AM
    fix Link and then consider these options
    Right now Link is kinda a hit and a miss

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:28 AM