I purchased my first blackberry device, a Torch 9800 around 2011 with OS 6, it was not a bad phone, my only problem was with the track pad, later the home button stooped working so I got a white Torch 9810 with OS 7. I liked the OS 7 much better.
    I had extra batteries and would replace with a fresh one in the evening.

I get all day mixed use on the Z10 with a good bit of battery power left at bed time which can be 12 mid night, bed time, this is when I recharge. So I go from 6:00 am to 12:00 mid night and still have power and I am a pretty strong mixed user. My PlayBook is tethered to my Z10 for data and gets a lot of use.

I really enjoyed the Torch 9810 but just decided to upgrade to the Z10 and I am glad that I did. I had started having some trouble with the track pad on the 9810. One of the reasons I moved to the Z10, no buttons to fail.

I would think that the 9860 is of the same family as the 9800 & 9810 with the 9860 being fully touch, where the others have the physical key board, a slider phone. My experiences with the 9800 family was good yours were not, I am sorry yours were not better!

About the PlayBook, I bought a 64gb PB when I got my Torch 9800 and use it every day, I am on my third phone and this PlayBook is going strong, music, pictures, use it as an e-reader, weather, browser, e-mail, calender, keeping up with 'CrackBerry' and much more.! It is my side kick, goes with me just about every place I go; love its size, fits right in the pocket of my favorite winter coat and that is in its leather case, works like a champ, thinking about getting a second one; would hate to be with out it.!!!
    Last edited by robhenry24; 09-29-13 at 01:01 PM.
    09-29-13 12:28 PM
    I purchased my first blackberry device, a Torch 9800 around 2011 with OS 6, it was not a bad phone, my only problem was with the track pad, later the home button stooped working so I got a white Torch 9810 with OS 7. I liked the OS 7 much better.
    I had extra batteries and would replace with a fresh one in the evening.

I get all day mixed use on the Z10 with a good bit of battery power left at bed time which can be 12 mid night, bed time, this is when I recharge. So I go from 6:00 am to 12:00 mid night and still have power and I am a pretty strong mixed user. My PlayBook is tethered to my Z10 for data and gets a lot of use.

I really enjoyed the Torch 9810 but just decided to upgrade to the Z10 and I am glad that I did. I had started having some trouble with the track pad on the 9810. One of the reasons I moved to the Z10, no buttons to fail.

I would think that the 9860 is of the same family as the 9800 & 9810 with the 9860 being fully touch, where the others have the physical key board, a slider phone. My experiences with the 9800 family was good yours were not, I am sorry yours were not better!

About the PlayBook, I bought a 64gb PB when I got my Torch 9800 and use it every day, I am on my third phone and this PlayBook is going strong, music, pictures, use it as an e-reader, weather, browser, e-mail, calender, keeping up with 'CrackBerry' and much more.! It is my side kick, goes with me just about every place I go; love its size, fits right in the pocket of my favorite winter coat and that is in its leather case, works like a champ, thinking about getting a second one; would hate to be with out it.!!!
    We have three tablets - Ipad, Nexus 7 2nd ed and the Playbook. The Playbook's browser is bad, battery life is really bad and the choice of apps is terrible but I am glad you persevere.
    09-29-13 01:05 PM
27 12