I use around 100 MBs of data each month (I only need it for BB Podcasts and BB News) and can live without recieving email on my BB 9700. Unfortunately, there no BB data plan that's cheap and offers me exactly what I want. For what I want I'll have to pay an extra $25/month.

I'm in Toronto and there are three different types of the BB data plans that I've seen from the different providers (Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido):
    1. Unlimited email with BBM - $10
    2. Unlimited Social networking (facebook, twitter, messengers) with BBM - $10
    3. 2GB (or 500MB - Fido) of data with BBM - $25

Why isn't there a BB plan that'll fall in the $10 - $25 range? Two of the plans above are for business users, when will RIM consider data plans (just data, no push email) for consumers like myself. I will love to be able to buy a BB data plan with just 100MB of data.

My friends on generic (non-BB) data plan can pay for data in buckets(100MB/500MB/1Gb), and have to freedom to do whatever with that amount of data.
    11-04-11 04:21 PM
    "RIM" doesn't allow or disallow the price point or data allowance for the various specific data plans.

That's a carrier issue.
    11-04-11 04:53 PM
    Have you tried Wind mobile? I hear they have flexible plans!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 05:02 PM
    I use around 100 MBs of data each month (I only need it for BB Podcasts and BB News) and can live without recieving email on my BB 9700. Unfortunately, there no BB data plan that's cheap and offers me exactly what I want. For what I want I'll have to pay an extra $25/month.

I'm in Toronto and there are three different types of the BB data plans that I've seen from the different providers (Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido):
    1. Unlimited email with BBM - $10
    2. Unlimited Social networking (facebook, twitter, messengers) with BBM - $10
    3. 2GB (or 500MB - Fido) of data with BBM - $25

Why isn't there a BB plan that'll fall in the $10 - $25 range? Two of the plans above are for business users, when will RIM consider data plans (just data, no push email) for consumers like myself. I will love to be able to buy a BB data plan with just 100MB of data.

My friends on generic (non-BB) data plan can pay for data in buckets(100MB/500MB/1Gb), and have to freedom to do whatever with that amount of data.
    Agreed with Switchbeach. RIm has nothing to do with price or data plans, that is your carrier only.
    11-04-11 05:47 PM
    Boy, it sure would be nice though if the carriers could figure out something to cater to folks who don't use that much data. I think AT&T's 200mb for $15 is a fantastic option for folks who don't use much data. The problem with these plans are the carriers do not want to push these options. They push to have everyone sign for the larger data package. It would be nice if RIM and the carriers could market their devices to take advantage of these lower priced plans. I think that a number of people who wouldn't normally purchase a smartphone because of the $25-$30 plan may consider one if they would only need to pay $10-$15.
    11-04-11 05:59 PM
    Boy, it sure would be nice though if the carriers could figure out something to cater to folks who don't use that much data. I think AT&T's 200mb for $15 is a fantastic option for folks who don't use much data. The problem with these plans are the carriers do not want to push these options. They push to have everyone sign for the larger data package. It would be nice if RIM and the carriers could market their devices to take advantage of these lower priced plans. I think that a number of people who wouldn't normally purchase a smartphone because of the $25-$30 plan may consider one if they would only need to pay $10-$15.
    Elvin believe it or not I have the grandfathered in 150 mb plan from VZW for $15.00 and dont go for much other than alot of email and no music,texting or BBM, I use my phone mostly for work and some of the apps I have that use data and don't come colse to 150 a month. I am happy withthat for now but know where you are coming from.
    11-04-11 06:12 PM
    For the money, $15 for 200mb is technically a rip off. Granted it's cheaper than the 2gb plan if you don't exceed it, but for the MB vs money it's still a rip. This is always on purpose to push larger data plans and that will never change. Larger plans are more profit than smaller plans, that's all there is to it.

Why would they want to offer and even cheaper option, especially when devices will just use more data as time goes on?
    11-04-11 06:17 PM
    For the money, $15 for 200mb is technically a rip off. Granted it's cheaper than the 2gb plan if you don't exceed it, but for the MB vs money it's still a rip. This is always on purpose to push larger data plans and that will never change. Larger plans are more profit than smaller plans, that's all there is to it.

Why would they want to offer and even cheaper option, especially when devices will just use more data as time goes on?
    VZW and AT&T will both say by many execs in the company by articles written that 95% of most Smartphone users use less than 2gb of data a month and therfore that is why they did away with unlimited and went to the current tier plan and making them lower but same price. A rip, sure but that is what they will tell you. I know i don't come close to my max usage a month.
    11-04-11 06:23 PM
    Hi,

In my country, one of them is Celcom, the lowest BIS plan is $10 (for 300MB) & BES plan $15 (for 300MB)
    11-05-11 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD