I am a big fan of windows mobile as well as blackberry. The phone I had prior to my bb bold is the htc fuze. Att released the tilt 2 recently which is an amazing device. My contract is over and I am due for an upgrade. I can either wait for the 9700 or get the tilt 2. But my question is if I get the tilt 2 can I use the blackberry data plan on it? The price is the same for regular data and bb data but the names are different and I do not want to be paying for both. And I also do not wana lose the ability to use my bb if I need to!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 02:09 PM
    The Blackberry plan is only for Blackberrys, because you can get BBMs. and your Blackberry.net email address from RIM.

If you need to change to the other data plan, you just call customer service when you switch to a non-BB phone.
    10-20-09 03:18 PM
    Yeah, not going to happen... if you want to use the BlackBerry Data Package, you've got to have a BlackBerry... Sorry!
    10-20-09 03:34 PM
    Well you guys didn't answer my question. What happens when I put my sim into a non bb phone and I have a bb plan?

10-20-09 03:59 PM
    When I had att with a 8100. It crappesd out on me out of warrenty of course. I used a moto v365 never called them. And all the data on my bill showed as bbdata. So in my experieance it should work. But if you do switch you would have to call back to have it switched as your BB won't work properly without it.
    Some carriers fine print says that you can use the bb data plan on non blackberry devices. But a BB can not use any other plan.

10-20-09 04:21 PM
    BBs use RIM servers. That's why they only work with BB days plans.

10-20-09 05:31 PM
    BBs use RIM servers. That's why they only work with BB data plans.

10-20-09 05:32 PM
    I have a bold and a HTC Fuze. My bold recently broke. Scroll ball stopped working. So while a replacement came I tried poping the sim into the fuze and the data did not work. Phone worked fine but no data.

Hope this helps.
    10-20-09 09:20 PM
    Check the APN. If it is on blackberry, try change it to att's APN.

Perhaps, that's the way at&t sets the service, blackberry data only for bb device.

When I was overseas, my blackberry service has independent unlimited data. The APN is the provider's APN. I can swap device and receive data service on non-bb phone.
    10-21-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD