I had heard that Cylance for Android was in beta: now I came across this article that BlackBerry Cylance for android will be used in Samsung phones. I don't recall seeing this reported on CrackBerry. Maybe it has been and I overlooked it.
    At any rate, will Cylance also be downloadable as an app for my KEYone and KEY2--and my Priv, for that matter?
    Here is the article:
    https://insights.samsung.com/2019/09...se-to-android/
    Hphv and Torrezno like this.
    10-02-19 02:25 AM
    I had heard that Cylance for Android was in beta: now I came across this article that BlackBerry Cylance for android will be used in Samsung phones. I don't recall seeing this reported on CrackBerry. Maybe it has been and I overlooked it.
    At any rate, will Cylance also be downloadable as an app for my KEYone and KEY2--and my Priv, for that matter?
    Here is the article:
    I saw this in threads somewhere in the last 24 hours but can't find it. Maybe Android Central?

Either way @Bla1ze Sigewif link seems a good CB story to a simple guy like me.... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 07:03 AM
    Here is the article:
    The beta of the app is already in the Google Play Store and has been for a while. You can't use it though as it's not yet consumer-based and as you see in the Samsung post, there's really no indication it will be as it's all based around Small/Medium business. You need an activation code from an Admin- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.zips.android
    10-02-19 08:43 AM
    Well, the Globe and Mail (along with the stock market) don't seem so impressed with this. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...s-16-year-low/
    10-02-19 08:58 AM
    Well, the Globe and Mail (along with the stock market) don't seem so impressed with this. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...s-16-year-low/
    Ultimately it comes down to this being accurate or not:

"Mr. Chen stood by his forecast of a 25-per-cent to 30-per-cent increase in its (Cylance) revenues this year."
    10-02-19 10:06 AM
    Ultimately it comes down to this being accurate or not:

"Mr. Chen stood by his forecast of a 25-per-cent to 30-per-cent increase in its (Cylance) revenues this year."
    Then given Mr. Chen's track record, it's highly debatable.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-02-19 10:47 AM
    The beta of the app is already in the Google Play Store and has been for a while. You can't use it though as it's not yet consumer-based and as you see in the Samsung post, there's really no indication it will be as it's all based around Small/Medium business. You need an activation code from an Admin- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.zips.android
    Has anyone downloaded it from the Playstore and tried it out that you know of? The Beta version on Playstore says it is for everyone but not many have downloaded it. (says 100s). (See screen shot). BlackBerry Cylance for Samsung android phones-notable-00059.jpg
    10-02-19 01:02 PM
    Has anyone downloaded it from the Playstore and tried it out that you know of? The Beta version on Playstore says it is for everyone but not many have downloaded it. (says 100s). (See screen shot). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00059.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	446317
    Not that I'm aware, but as I noted, you need to be on the approved list and actually be attached to a system along with having an admin that can issue a code to use it so no surprise there's few downloads. Unless you've been told to join and test it, there's no reason to download it. It's useless to most people.
    10-02-19 01:04 PM
    Has anyone downloaded it from the Playstore and tried it out that you know of? The Beta version on Playstore says it is for everyone but not many have downloaded it. (says 100s). (See screen shot). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00059.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	446317
    Not being smart arse... I know I know.... what happens when you install ????

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:06 PM
    Not being smart arse... I know I know.... what happens when you install ????

Posted via CB10
    Nothing. It asks for a bunch of permissions and then tells you to scan a QR code you don't have from your Admin.
    10-02-19 01:09 PM
    Not being smart arse... I know I know....
    Trying......to........resist.....brain.......melti ng....
    10-02-19 01:11 PM
    Nothing. It asks for a bunch of permissions and then tells you to scan a QR code you don't have from your Admin.
    Ah, the old downloading Enterprise apps when you're not an Enterprise client "problem"..

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-02-19 01:31 PM
    Trying......to........resist.....brain.......melti ng....
    Too late, well past that stage...

When Bla1ze is watching on a regular basis, you know it's old gory semi truck accident, but you just gotta look... was Chuck Finley69 wearing a seat belt? Would it really matter? LMAO

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:33 PM
    This is being presented as being for everybody on Playstore, and also small businesses in their articles. What about the small business owner like me that doesn't have this code? We bought a license for 10 devices for our PCs so you would think....
    10-02-19 02:18 PM
    This is being presented as being for everybody on Playstore, and also small businesses in their articles. What about the small business owner like me that doesn't have this code? We bought a license for 10 devices for our PCs so you would think....
    Well, you see:

- The app clearly states on the Play Store "This is a preview of our upcoming mobile security app. If you are interested in becoming a beta tester you can join our waitlist by requesting access at https://cylance-consumer.typeform.com/to/c69XNr"

- As for the article, there's not really a bunch of info there about the availability of anything. It's just a bunch of buzz words, speak about their partnership and potential. It's largely fluff and confusing until they actually DO something with it.

And now, you understand why no one including myself picked it up as news and why it's stuck on a Samsung corp. business blog until they make a real announcement. Believe it or not, though, the post is actually progress. The app has been there for a while with not even a mention of it. At least now they're mentioning it and talking about it.
    10-02-19 02:21 PM
    Well, you see:

- The app clearly states on the Play Store "This is a preview of our upcoming mobile security app. If you are interested in becoming a beta tester you can join our waitlist by requesting access at https://cylance-consumer.typeform.com/to/c69XNr"

- As for the article, there's not really a bunch of info there about the availability of anything. It's just a bunch of buzz words, speak about their partnership and potential. It's largely fluff and confusing until they actually DO something with it.

And now, you understand why no one including myself picked it up as news and why it's stuck on a Samsung corp. business blog until they make a real announcement. Believe it or not, though, the post is actually progress. The app has been there for a while with not even a mention of it. At least now they're mentioning it and talking about it.
    I didn't go any further (when looking at the app) than reading the statement "Be one of the first to try it and provide feedback..."
    I remember seeing this a while ago and didn't realize it was about signing up for a waiting list. I suppose you have to open it or download it to get more of the info. There is another early access Cylance app in PlayStore as well called Cylance Mobile Dashboard.
    Anyway, I hope something comes of this and, Um, that we who have BlackBerry android phones will have this made available to us.
    I am happy with the pc version of Cylance so far.
    10-02-19 03:21 PM