When trying to access the Maps - Find Location - Where Am I, I get the following error message:

uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_lbs (169) is not responding

What am I doing wrong?
    08-23-08 11:36 AM
    When trying to access the Maps - Find Location - Where Am I, I get the following error message:

uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_lbs (169) is not responding

What am I doing wrong?
    I have an 8830 and an external GPS, so I can't replicate your setup, but the Find Location function works normally on mine.

Uncaught exception errors typically mean a corrupted database or other OS error. I doubt you are doing anything to cause it.

The solution may be as simple as resetting your device. First try a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del.

If that doesn't solve your problem, you can do a harder reset by taking out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

NOTE: When you pull the battery, there is a very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem.

Let me know if this solves your problem.
    08-24-08 09:59 AM
    Hello,
    I recently purchase a flashed metropcs phone ( from altell to metro). I am able to download apps but cannot open them. i get this message for the main app i want to use "uncaught exception application think micro 135 is nt responding process". this message appears after i reset the phone ( the phone just freezes when i try to click the app and then i get the message after restart) What can I do. Im a beginner so if i need to download anything, can you plz tell me the site as well. thank you for your time.
    06-04-10 09:16 AM
    TY, next time I will try that when it occurs.
    06-10-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD