My blackberry was pickpocketed (assumed stolen) and within 10 minutes of the theift was switched off by the person who took it.

I reported it to O2 within 20 minutes of the theift and they put a bar on the handset. The handset was also password protected. I had photos and word docs etc on the handset and I am wondering what they could potentially access?

What is stored on the memory card?

I cannot recall if it was password protected or encrypted. I recall once taking it out and putting it back in and I think it asked for my handset password?

I have spoken to various people. I also registered it as a crime with the police and gave them my IMEI number.

any help would be ace.

Thank you
    01-17-11 12:37 PM
    If the media card was not encrypted, the thief could access anything on it.
    01-17-11 12:39 PM
    I had content protection on/bar contacts? not sure what this does
    01-17-11 12:50 PM
    I had content protection on/bar contacts? not sure what this does
    You would have specifically needed to choose encryption of the media card. Turn on encryption - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone - 6.0
    01-17-11 01:02 PM
    How you choose the key depends on what devices can see the sd card. If you had your device create a key only your device can see your data. It seems like no matter how I set my key I could still see the files if I plugged my BB to my pc. I can't remember I check when I get home. The reason I checked this was because I'd rather other devices being able to access the data if my BB dies. I'll post back in alittle while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 01:55 PM
    I just check and no you can't access the media card either way once the device is locked. When you go into usb drive mode you get a prompt for the password. Card reader doesn't get me anywhere either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 03:47 PM
    my bb bold 4 got stolen....can anyone access my personal content through PC ?? i dnt have any memory card & i had my password lock on ! please reply asap !!!
    01-23-14 04:53 PM
    my bb bold 4 got stolen....can anyone access my personal content through PC ?? i dnt have any memory card & i had my password lock on ! please reply asap !!!
    If you have a password on the device, even when plugged into a PC it will ask for that password.. Now if they enter the wrong password 10 times it will erase all data on the device, reboot and the phone will be usable again. Call your provider and tell them your phone was stolen, that way they could probably block the phone with IEMI number.
    01-23-14 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD