I am fixing to upgrade to a BB Curve wt are the pro's n cons? I would like to know exactley wt I'm getting into b4 I make the big switch..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:18 PM
    Honestly I can't think of any cons.

IMO the Curve 8330 is the best BlackBerry ever made.

08-07-09 08:22 PM
    Skip the Curve and get a 8520 unlocked.

Processor is easily 2x faster, way more ram, trackpad.
    08-07-09 08:24 PM
    I'm skeered of that track pad- heard some bad stuff about it but thanks 4 the feedback

08-07-09 08:27 PM
    Just get a Bold then.

Paying the same price for a Curve as a device with twice the processor and higher memory because of the trackpad just doesn't seem right.

Curve still has a slow processor and 64mb memory. Also I believe still no plans for OS5 on 83xx ever.
    08-07-09 08:30 PM
    Upgrading from what, a Pearl? Lol.

(Edit: Guess I should have read! I believe the Pearl and Curve are mostly the same, except a QWERTY keypad and larger screen on the Curve, though this very well may be wrong...)

I genuinely do love my Curve, but considering it an upgrade is fishy at best. Like previous posters said, slower processor, less app memory, no higher OS updates (which means no 5.2 visual appeals), etc...

Pros: RELIABLE!, HTML e-mail (sorta), many apps and themes, works most of the time

Cons: Slow at times, locked GPS on Verizon, even with 36 Megs free right now I get the timer sometimes, on .160 hybrid I have radio problems sometimes

Get whatever you want, though. Just remember - if you pay for it with a new contract, you're going to be YEARNING for a new device when you realize today's real good devices (Bold, 8900, 8520, Tour, Storm) are getting old with the new releases in 8 months.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by cdaiscool; 08-07-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Wow... I called it!
    08-07-09 08:38 PM
    I am fixing to upgrade to a BB Curve wt are the pro's n cons? I would like to know exactley wt I'm getting into b4 I make the big switch..

I will be honest. The curve is one of rims most successful phones. They run really well. The curve is very reliable. I had one. Congrats on your upgrade.
    08-07-09 08:42 PM
    Curve still has a slow processor and 64mb memory. Also I believe still no plans for OS5 on 83xx ever.
    All of the 8330s we got show 83MB and some change. The 8310s we had showed 57MB. Not a big difference, but a little more...
    08-07-09 08:43 PM
    There's a reason you see 8330's all over the place...they're great phones not too many cons that I can think of
    08-07-09 08:43 PM
    Thanks everyone- I knew I could rely on you guys for honest opinions.. I'm deadlocked to honost. My Pearl may be a Pearl but I may just go to a Bold- **** if I'm paying for it you know!?

08-07-09 09:20 PM
    Curve may not be as big of an upgrade as a bold but you would still be more than happy with a curve I am sure.
    08-07-09 09:26 PM
    I can't get my phone to ring?
    08-08-09 12:49 AM
    I've got an 8320 and it's been great. Durable, reliable, enough features for my liking. I'll probably upgrade soon, but I have few complaints about this device. I don't have a whack of fancy apps installed and I mainly use email/bbm, so I might not be the best source, but anything will seem like an upgrade from a Pearl. If you can get a newer device for the same price, I'd say do it.
    08-08-09 12:57 AM
    As you are on ATT one other option would be the 8900, unless I missed something in this thread I dont think it was mentioned as an option. Dont get me wrong the Bold is an awesome phone so you cant go wrong with either. I would recommend you go down to the local store and play with both to see which you like better, for me it was the 8900 as I dont have 3G available in my area..

Julian
    08-08-09 09:16 AM
    Thank you Julian.. I'm going to do just that here n a bit.. The 8900 is what my cousin is recommending as welll.

Last edited by cherryjuice; 08-08-09 at 03:13 PM.
    08-08-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD