Hi all,

I just got my blackberry a few weeks ago and i have already had problems.3 times in the last 2 days i have had to take the battery out to reboot. today in the middle of a yahoo talk it just went black, no warning. Yesterday when i called others they could hear me but i couldnt hear them, again i had to take the battery out, is this normal?

thanks

jamiekate
    10-15-08 09:56 PM
    Waves hands over crystal ball.......
    I'm seeing a warranty exchange in your future.

Seriously, it seems the device may be defective.
    10-15-08 09:59 PM
    Sounds like a sick berry...do you have insurance??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 10:28 PM
    I had the issue of people not being able to hear me when i dialed them. I took it (curve 8330) back to verizon. The csr said that it was an issue when you play a sound file that the bb does not support - like from an IM. I checked and sure enough every time this happened to me - I had opened an IM with some kind of talking joke with embedded sound.

She said that the unsupported sound file 'throws out the speaker'. A simple fix is just to hit the left quick launch button the one that is defaulted to voice dialing) and then the red END key.

I did this this and it functioned properly - no need to take out the battery (which i was also doing).

I stopped opening IM's from this particular contact of mine and havent had any problems since.

hope it helps.
    10-16-08 10:26 AM
    I can't comment on the display freezing, but the loss of speaker sound is a known bug that occures when certain non-BlackBerry audio files are interrupted during playback.

The quick fix is to activate Voice Activated Dialing, that will release the speaker and let you continue your call. You can prevent it from occurring by letting the audio clip play all the way through.

It has been reported, that has been fixed in the v4.5xx upgrade.
    10-16-08 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD