I own a Blackberry Curve (purple, my fav. color) But there's one problem, the ringtones and assigned tones I particularly chose keep resetting back to default mode (which is weird cause when I go to settings it shows the tone i assigned and yet this tone doesnt ring. The one that rings is the default one) Anyway,This is so annoying, I love my Blackberry, but it is a hassle to keep reassigning and changing the tones again and again. I wish they would just stay haha. This happens specially when I assign tones I got off the internet. I've found the only way to get my assigned tones to work, is to take off the battery and put it back on. Until I find a solution, I'll have to deal with my BB going crazy every other day and setting back to default.
    04-07-10 11:22 PM
    I am on a contract with Telstra and have recently been using a Jasjam as my main phone however it died and I have obtained a BB Curve.I thought that it would be straight forward to configure given that I already had a data pack etc.I have just found out that i need a bb plan to get my emails.I am currently on the $49 call cap and a $30 data pack.If someone could shed some light on what bb plan is comparable that would be wonderful as I gave up asking Telstra for advice on their service about 3 months ago.
    04-08-10 01:06 AM
    I own a Blackberry Curve (purple, my fav. color) But there's one problem, the ringtones and assigned tones I particularly chose keep resetting back to default mode (which is weird cause when I go to settings it shows the tone i assigned and yet this tone doesnt ring. The one that rings is the default one) Anyway,This is so annoying, I love my Blackberry, but it is a hassle to keep reassigning and changing the tones again and again. I wish they would just stay haha. This happens specially when I assign tones I got off the internet. I've found the only way to get my assigned tones to work, is to take off the battery and put it back on. Until I find a solution, I'll have to deal with my BB going crazy every other day and setting back to default.
    i know what your qoin' through i have a similar issue, i just use thee ringtones on my BB thee ones that were alreadi on the phone. but every time i set it, it stays that way; but it dont always play that ringtone instead it goes back to thee default one. bugs mi alot, but i dont know what to do. . .i've tried a battery pull but nope. so am sort of in the same boat. . .
    04-08-10 01:25 AM
    Try saving your ringtone to a media card (microsd) and then assign your ringtone. Delete your old saved ringtone on your phone.
    04-08-10 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD