I purchased 2 8330's from Cellular South in December 2008.I had heard a lot about the Bold,so I decided to go into ATT store to look at one.I instantly fell in love.I want one.Here is the kicker.I am currently under contract until December 2010.Cellular South does not feature the Bold. Only ATT and Verizon in my area. What can I do to get the Bold? I am even willing to pay the ETF.Is the Bold as solid as the Curve? Is it worth it? I hate to leave CS, but I really want a Bold.Cellular South is always the last to get any BB phones.What are the pros vs the cons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:53 AM
    I was in a similar situation...don't know if it will work for you, but...I sent and relocated the number of my old phone to my sister; she needed a phone, I owed her a car and this solved both those issues. I started a new 2 year service with ATT and purchased a refurb Bold for $99 online through ATTwireless. Sometimes the refurb Bolds are free, check every day for awhile, the refurb has the benefit of being individually inspected while "new" Bolds are "batch inspected" - they pull one off the line and okay a whole batch of 'em.
    Not sure if you have someone you know who needs a phone; but there is a military recruitment office in my town that is working on getting donated phones to service people in need...might be some similar deal near you.
    My Bold has been flawless AND reading all the 'stickies' on the various forum sections has greatly expanded my ability to enjoy it. Good luck, hope this was of help.

Posted from my Bold...and loving every minute of it.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-21-09 at 12:56 PM.
    06-21-09 12:54 PM
    I was in a similar situation...don't know if it will work for you, but...I sent and relocated the number of my old phone to my sister; she needed a phone, I owed her a car and this solved both those issues. I started a new 2 year service with ATT and purchased a refurb Bold for $99 online through ATTwireless. Sometimes the refurb Bolds are free, check every day for awhile, the refurb has the benefit of being individually inspected while "new" Bolds are "batch inspected" - they pull one off the line and okay a whole batch of 'em.
    Not sure if you have someone you know who needs a phone; but there is a military recruitment office in my town that is working on getting donated phones to service people in need...might be some similar deal near you.
    My Bold has been flawless AND reading all the 'stickies' on the various forum sections has greatly expanded my ability to enjoy it. Good luck, hope this was of help.

Posted from my Bold...and loving every minute of it.

06-21-09 02:07 PM
    What about 3rd Party apps when moving to another carrier? What does the Bold do better than the Curve?

06-21-09 02:10 PM
    The Bold is faster than the Curve. The Bold has GSM 3G which means you get simultaneous voice and data. I also find the keyboard on the Bold to be the best out of every BB.

06-21-09 03:04 PM
    What about 3rd Party apps when moving to another carrier?

I believe you would keep your apps as they are stored in the device memory.
    06-21-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD