Hi, I bought the BlackBerry Curve 9380, the tactile one yesterday.
    It had to update the latest version of the BlackBerry App World and then reboot. Since then, at the top of my screen I don't get Facebook, Twitter.. Notifications. Before the update, I had little icons in the notification bar where I would receive the notifications. I've been searching online to try and find a way to get it back but I can't seem to find anything. Other than people saying that I have to delete Facebook and then re install it. For the moment I'm receiving the notifications as an e mail but I really want the little icons at the top back.
    Can someone please help me! Thanks
    08-07-12 11:57 AM
    Battery pull?
    08-07-12 12:00 PM
    Tried a battery pull. Won't work.. I've now un installed Facebook. Re installed it and now it won't work.. It comes up with "We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (0)" I've been looking online and people have said that I might have to Reset Settings to Factory Settings or if not a Security Wipe .. I don't know what I should do! Any advice ?
    08-07-12 12:04 PM
    Hi CathM,

Can you confirm which version of facebook is installed in your Device.
    08-07-12 03:08 PM
    reinstalling the app could solve this.... so why not try it?
    08-08-12 04:48 AM
    Prince2012 : I uninstalled Facebook and re installed it. So now I have the latest version which says it is: 3.1.0.17 But it won't work ..

blackberry-unlocking710: Done it. Now it won't work at all. It says "We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (0)". I'm thinking of doing a Security Wipe and that might get rid of the BlackBerry World App that I had to upgrade and give me back my notification icons. Because I think that was the cause of it all .. I noticed that I don't receive any Twitter notifications as well !

Any advice ? Thanks.
    08-08-12 06:40 AM
    Hi CathM,

Thanks for the confirmation.The error message is generally resolved if you upgrade facebook to the most current version as it is now.But even if you are getting that message than I think you should clear your App world cacheKB24714-How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

See if that helps.
    CathM likes this.
    08-08-12 07:25 AM
    What will it do if I clear my cache ? Will I get my notifications in both Facebook and Twitter back ? And will Facebook work again ?

Thanks.
    08-08-12 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD