My Blackberry Tour has somehow decided to mark all my contacts with an annoying ringtone. The custom profile I have seems to be lower than the contact ringtone. So the contact ringtone will play but the custom profile ringtone will not. Is there any way I can get rid of the contact ringtone or to make it so the custom profile plays over the contact ringtone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 12:10 AM
    Which OS are you using? Since you have only 2 posts, I suspect it is the original, some 4.7.xxxx OS. That OS has issues with profiles and customs. It is fixed in the newer OS 5.x versions although OS 5 has not been officially released by all carriers yet. But there are Sprint and MTS and another that are official and can be installed on any Tour following steps found in the Tour and OS forums.
    03-21-10 09:25 AM
    In a number of posts concerning ringtone issues on the Tour, the way to solve the problem was to go into Set Contact Alerts and then delete the entries shown (Menu key and then delete). When you edit a contact, it seems to create a profile which sets the sounds to the default settings. Hope this helps. Yes, it is a bug in the 4.7 OS of the Tour.
    03-21-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD