It's been a while since we've heard of their subscriber base, app count, sales figures, etc and with earnings date coming up in a couple of weeks what do you think they'll reveal? The good? The bad?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 09:36 PM
    I think they will deliver a positive story on the Z3 deployment however overall i think little has changed in their deployment of BB10, with not many devices moving. The real litmus test is how much cash they've burnt in the quarter. Any good news on fiscal management will push the stock to the upside.
    06-02-14 09:43 PM
    Hey Guitarguy! Sorry to change your subject, just wondering what guitars you own and what is your fav?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-02-14 09:49 PM
    Lol I have an ibanez, jay Turser and a taylor and my taylor is prob my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:24 AM
    I don't know much how they stand, but it is looking better and better for developers. One of my apps (which was available within a month of BB10 release) has tripled downloads since summer 2013, which is still on average only about 30/day. If I counted correctly, it has 3500 downloads since 11.4.2014, including update (my weird statistics...). When they provide a more accurate statistics I can tell more.
    Anyway, BB10 user base seems to be growing judging by downloads.

Also interesting facts (since 11.4.2014):
    28 downloads from 10.3
    7 downloads from Z3
    220 downloads from 10.0
    165 downloads from 10.1
    06-03-14 11:59 AM
    It's going to be dismal. No advertising shows the average consumer BlackBerry is dead. I hope they controlled expenses to show a profit. There will be no faith in BlackBerry until a profit is shown. No one likes a loser.....Chen knows this and I believe he is spending his time and expense money on absolute necessities only.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-14 01:12 PM
    Don't see BlackBerry really drilling into any details when they do their quarterly report this month. We would all love to know how many BES and BIS subscribers their are. How many active BBID users there are. How many Active BBM users, how many Z3 device sold, how many Z30.....

Would be interesting if maybe CrackBerry updated some of their indicators. Back months ago Kevin told a little about traffic patterns they were seeing here. Now it might be interesting to know how many iOS and Android users are coming to learn about BBM. Has BB10 traffic picked up? Has BBOS traffic dropped?

But if Chen is saying 2015 for break-even.... things are not going to be good this quarter.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-14 01:26 PM
    It's been a while since we've heard of their subscriber base, app count, sales figures, etc and with earnings date coming up in a couple of weeks what do you think they'll reveal? The good? The bad?
    What I hope they'll do is reveal sales figures for the Z3, start reporting their subscriber base numbers again, and say how many BBM users and BES installations are out there.

What I think they'll actually do is state the bare minimum of information that a public company must disclose. Sales figures will be stated, split between the BBOS/BB10 phones, and the Z3 figures will remain obscurely buried within the BB10 totals. BBM/BES figures will be quoted in vague terms, and BES installation numbers will again be inflated by including test installs.

It's going to be dismal. I hope they controlled expenses to show a profit. There will be no faith in BlackBerry until a profit is shown. No one likes a loser.....Chen knows this and I believe he is spending his time and expense money on absolute necessities only.
    Isn't Chen on record as saying BB won't return to profit until at least 2016?

So, agreed, it'll be (another) dismal ER.

Do I get a prize if I'm right?
    06-03-14 01:33 PM
    Isn't Chen on record as saying BB won't return to profit until at least 2016?

So, agreed, it'll be (another) dismal ER.

Do I get a prize if I'm right?
    Fiscal 2016 = actual 2015
    06-03-14 02:06 PM
    I believe we will see an artificial uptick in handset sales compared to the last two ERs, since previously accounted sales have been reduced from inventory. Therefore, all sell-through can be counted this time around.

BBM will see a modest user-base growth, which is underestimated because of lost BBOS users. So, basically, gained 20mil iOS/Android users, but lost 5mil BlackBerry users.

BES will be the good news. The very, very good news.
    EZ Pass is brilliant and the MDM choice is now a no-brainer; the best solution for the cheapest price. I expect licences into the 10's of millions by next ER
    06-03-14 02:19 PM
    JC stated the bbm userbase has increased by 15 million people since they last reported it. They check it every month.

Source: his Interview posted by B1aze
    06-03-14 02:42 PM
    Bloodbath mitigated slightly by claims and vague statements.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-14 02:43 PM
    I believe we will see an artificial uptick in handset sales compared to the last two ERs, since previously accounted sales have been reduced from inventory. Therefore, all sell-through can be counted this time around.

BBM will see a modest user-base growth, which is underestimated because of lost BBOS users. So, basically, gained 20mil iOS/Android users, but lost 5mil BlackBerry users.

BES will be the good news. The very, very good news.
    EZ Pass is brilliant and the MDM choice is now a no-brainer; the best solution for the cheapest price. I expect licences into the 10's of millions by next ER
    While EZ Pass is moving some to BES.... it's doing it very cheaply (free), not sure if currently converting over from an older BES Plan to a new BES10 Plan is really good for BlackBerry or not. Sure seems as if they are taking a hit in revenue and profits. I guess it just depends on how many can use the free Silver License and how many need to upgrade. How many are license from other competing MDM systems that eventually they'll get a license fee on those. Think it is a smart move in the long term.

But a source of new revenues in the near term.... I don't know about that? Maybe someone that is a BES Administrator can explain the old licensing fee vs. how EZ Pass works.
    06-03-14 03:26 PM
    Probably a miss on both top and bottom line. Then Chen will get on the call and announce the Windemere and will look like a star and buy the company some more time to execute. If the Windemere is that ugly they won't. But I don't think the phone will be that ugly nor with 3row keyboard. I mean it can't have 3rows, if ppl could go from BB7 to BB10 smoothly how the F**k will they use a 3 row keyboard???

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 04:11 PM
    Q1 2015 results (Mar-May 2014) are scheduled to be reported on June 19. Should be interesting. Here are the last 5 quarters for BBRY.

BlackBerry company update-9909741-13998259313708472-kasteel-research.png

Will revenue be under $1B again (last happened in 2007)? I guess yes. Definitely.

Cash declined from $3.2 B to $2.7B for Q4 2014. This was considered good. How much will cash go down in the new report? That's probably the most significant number to be revealed on the 19th. Cash is life.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-14 07:29 PM