I'd like to shoot the guy who came up with the glowing bicycle.......just what message were they trying to send ?

I can't figure it out.....
    I agree w/ you. I'd like to see more of the ones like "I need action not distraction".
    What I think will help blackberrys out is if Rim showed the misconception of blackberrys. I'm getting more and more latey people saying they didn't know a blackberry could do something.
    02-10-12 10:47 AM
    I agree w/ you. I'd like to see more of the ones like "I need action not distraction".
    What I think will help blackberrys out is if Rim showed the misconception of blackberrys. I'm getting more and more latey people saying they didn't know a blackberry could do something.
    I get what they're trying to say, but I dont think thats a good angle to pitch the phone.

From that, people will think that Blackberry's are not fun to use, and purely for business.

They need to market the phone as a device that does Business AND Personal well.

The should advertise Blackberry Balance, Blackberry Bridge with the Playbook, some of their "super apps" like BB Travel and BB Traffic.

Then they could show the personal use with the ease of messaging, switching applications seamlessly, universal search, long battery life, customizable led alerts, games using the touchscreen, and the convenience of having a touchscreen, trackpad, and keyboard.
    02-10-12 02:48 PM
    I get what they're trying to say, but I dont think thats a good angle to pitch the phone.

From that, people will think that Blackberry's are not fun to use, and purely for business.

They need to market the phone as a device that does Business AND Personal well.

The should advertise Blackberry Balance, Blackberry Bridge with the Playbook, some of their "super apps" like BB Travel and BB Traffic.

Then they could show the personal use with the ease of messaging, switching applications seamlessly, universal search, long battery life, customizable led alerts, games using the touchscreen, and the convenience of having a touchscreen, trackpad, and keyboard.
    I agree w/ you. I don't think they mean the blackberry is fun. When I think distracted I mean like how the iphone navigates or androids menu. With the iphone to get from one app to the next is back out find open repeat. Doing that all day will drive me crazy.
    Like today trying to go from one app page (or panel) to the next one. I had icon shacking at me, wanting to be deleted or just opening up. Please give me a menu. Lord forbid if I wake up siri.
    Yea I think some cool blackberry commericals would show moving through out the blackberry showing off app switcher and some menus and options. Wouldn't it be tight if you saw someone psting on crackberry then hitting menu switching to twitter then checking bbm message going back to CB or composing email then going back to playing panadas vs ninjas? Good stuff.
    02-10-12 05:11 PM
    Agree with above poster. I'm over the DJs.

The latest Ad for iPhone and Siri was awesome! I loved it. It showed uses for Siri while on various road trips.

I relate to that. I hope BlackBerry does something like that ad. Was really neat. Made me think...Siri looks handy for travel.
    i think siri is "neat" but i can't picture myself actually in one of those situations where i'd want to have a fake conversation with my fake phone.

what happens when you ask siri where the best BBQ place in Kansas City is...and it sucks?
    02-11-12 11:02 AM
    i've seen quite a few BB ads on TV lately...glad to see them. but I don't know why they push BBM so much. if you're losing market share, why would you promote a feature that can only be used between other BB users? there are so many other things the BB excels at. my favorite BB commercial i can remember is the one for the Torch when it first came out, and someone googles Moby , then it goes to a video, then it goes to Capt. Ahab's facebook page, etc. that's the kind of commercial that will make people WANT a BB
    02-11-12 11:05 AM
    I think they need to emphasize both the business and the fun aspects. Something like a businessman doing his work on the BB, then after quitting time, using the more fun, social apps.
    02-11-12 11:26 AM
    I think they need to emphasize both the business and the fun aspects. Something like a businessman doing his work on the BB, then after quitting time, using the more fun, social apps.
    I agree, there are plenty of misconceptions out there about the BB being boring and unable to do half of the things it can do.
    02-11-12 04:48 PM
    When the time comes for BB10 devices to come rolling off of the assembly line, it would be great to see a huge marketing campaign for them, and have it be something that can relate to EVERYONE and not just a small niche. For example, here's something I'd like to see:

A consumer is walking down the street cursing at his blackberry. He's squinting at the small screen, saying "come on come on come on" at the spinning clock, yelling about truncated emails, etc (this would show the market that RIM can admit they've had some shortcomings in the past). He walks into a carrier pleading for a new phone. The rep says "I have just the thing for you." He pulls a device from behind the counter and sets it down. The rep zips through the OS pointing out key/new features and shows off the raw power of the device. The consumer is left in awe with a look of pure amazement in his eyes. He asks what kind of phone this is. The rep smiles and turns the phone over to show the shiny blackberry logo on the back. Then it ends with a tagline like "the Bold just got daring" or "this isn't the Blackberry you remember" along with the launch date.

Something like THAT would surely get people talking, imho.
    02-11-12 05:31 PM
    Here is the latest Blackberry Bold's commercial in the UK.

They show this quite often on many channels.
    http://v19.nonxt1.c.youtube.com/vide...rect_counter=1
    The U.S./Candian version has being out since September.

This one is probably the best one yet - even know it hardly shows the actual phone.

02-11-12 05:43 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD