Im seeing two or three BeBold new commercials daily on TSN, but what if anything has been on TV in the States??
    02-08-12 08:55 PM
    Yes, I've seen 4 today on different channels. Glad to see this from RIM. Its about time
    02-08-12 09:15 PM
    In one Devcon presentation they showed Nobex Radio on 3 Bold phones...BBM integration and how 3 phones (people/friends) shared a music listening experience together...

I can see a commercial where phone after phone after phone after is added in this BBM way...with the right song and this idea of a growing network of BB phones, it could be cool
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-08-12 09:38 PM
    Well I saw Blackberry pulling a product placement ad in the show "Revenge". But no real commercials :/. I mostly watch ABC and ABC Family so that could be why.
    02-08-12 10:50 PM
    Seems that RIM is making a positive try on the right direction.
    02-09-12 06:15 AM
    I've seen my first BB ads here in the czech republic. Just poster ads around the city in high traveled areas. Its nice to see.
    02-09-12 12:54 PM
    Last night I saw two BB commercials during the Late Show w/ David Letterman on CBS. Glad to see them back!!
    02-09-12 01:00 PM
    Yea I've been seeing BlackBerry Adds l8ly too....now they just need to work on GOOD BlackBerry Adds.

They need to show people using their phones, let people make a connection with the phone. Not just have someone talk to you about the phone. We are not all famous DJ's or restaraunt execs. Direct the Adds to the average Joe
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-09-12 02:09 PM
    Agree with above poster. I'm over the DJs.

The latest Ad for iPhone and Siri was awesome! I loved it. It showed uses for Siri while on various road trips.

I relate to that. I hope BlackBerry does something like that ad. Was really neat. Made me think...Siri looks handy for travel.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-09-12 02:18 PM
    i wish the commercials would stop pushing BBM though (at least in the US). Unless you know tons of people with Blackberry's its pretty useless.

they should focus more on the actual phone and the advantages of Blackberry (improved browser, long battery life, keyboard + trackpad + touch combo, compressed data, etc.)

but im still glad to see the Bold finally getting some promo
    02-09-12 02:19 PM
    Me too. And I don't mind them pushing BBM. It is a great app IF you know anyone using a BlackBerry still!

I want everyone I know using a BlackBerry so I can use BBM again.
    02-09-12 02:32 PM
    I'd like to shoot the guy who came up with the glowing bicycle.......just what message were they trying to send ?

I can't figure it out.....
    02-09-12 02:44 PM
    Well I saw Blackberry pulling a product placement ad in the show "Revenge". But no real commercials :/. I mostly watch ABC and ABC Family so that could be why.
    Was that a P'9981 being used in last night's episode?
    02-09-12 03:03 PM
    i wish the commercials would stop pushing BBM though (at least in the US). Unless you know tons of people with Blackberry's its pretty useless.

they should focus more on the actual phone and the advantages of Blackberry (improved browser, long battery life, keyboard + trackpad + touch combo, compressed data, etc.)

I totally agree with this comment. It's great to see the advertising, but there's nothing in the commercials that would show an existing BB user why the new Bold is better than his/her existing Bold.

For the crowd that doesn't own a BB, RIM needs to show universal search, integrated messages, keyboard + touchpad + touch combo, BB Travel, BB Traffic, BB Music, etc.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-09-12 03:45 PM
    I'd like to shoot the guy who came up with the glowing bicycle.......just what message were they trying to send ?

I think it was "flash mob night biking" is REALLY cool...

CDM76 likes this.
    02-09-12 11:52 PM
    How about the internet ads. They are everywhere I look.
    02-10-12 02:11 AM
    How about the internet ads. They are everywhere I look.

You're probably seeing them because you've visited crackberry or searched "Bold 9900" online.

Those ads are based on your online searches

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 06:23 AM
    i like how bb is pushing out tv ads. i do believe they are taking the tv ads in the wrong direction though. they should be showing users the awesome fearures that customers do not know about bb. such as nfc in the 9900 or the radio tuner in the new curve or hotspot avaliablity on the 9900 or just showing off the playbooks awesome interface. i personally dont like the commercial i saw with the guy talking about getting 50 bbms from his chief.
    02-10-12 07:12 AM
    I saw one a good few months ago - but seen any for ages
    02-10-12 07:18 AM
    I saw one of the "BeBold" commercials last night. I wasn't impressed. It just had a business guy talking about how he uses BBM throughout his day. No showing the Bold, no showing what can be done with the BB. To me, it felt like just another commercial similar to the barber and the car enthusiast: all talk, no show. I keep hoping to see a BB commercial that shows more about the BB advantage and gives people a reason to actually walk into a carrier asking for a BlackBerry.
    02-10-12 07:52 AM

Specs doesn't sell - its the user experience and RIM needs to improve their commercials showing everyday people doing both fun and useful stuff with the phones.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-10-12 08:02 AM
    I think it was "flash mob night biking" is REALLY cool...

LOL, I liked that one! The DJ one leaves me a bit cold.

The bike one showed how the phone was integrated with him using different apps to connect to his group.

They need to do that sort of stuff more imo, show how the one device can link you, but sell it as the Blackberry family. LOL, just wish they could have been there when my niece was born, we had the perfect BB commercial right in the hospital.

Oh and they really need to start pushing other models than the Bold. No one even knows my phone exists! I don't see the point in developing all these other lines if you're not going to advertise and get the word out about them.
    Last edited by BoldPreza; 02-10-12 at 08:52 AM.
    02-10-12 08:50 AM
    Here is the latest Blackberry Bold's commercial in the UK.

They show this quite often on many channels.

http://v19.nonxt1.c.youtube.com/vide...rect_counter=1
    02-10-12 09:21 AM

The message that commercial sends is I want a really cool glowing bike. I didn't get any inspiration to buy a BB from it.
    Last edited by blackmoe; 02-10-12 at 12:01 PM.
    02-10-12 09:53 AM
    Here is the latest Blackberry Bold's commercial in the UK.

They show this quite often on many channels.

http://v19.nonxt1.c.youtube.com/vide...rect_counter=1
    To me that one is a little weak. This one was better:

It lacked though in showing real benefits of being part of the family such as BBM, Email integration, Facebook and Linkedin Apps all being controlled from one device. So that would be where I take a followup to that commercial.
    02-10-12 10:42 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD