hi

so it's almost time for me to upgrade my phone, and Ive been looking around at newer models of BB that have come out since I got my phone (2008) and coulndt help but notice all of them (except for the 8520) only come in black. why is this? its so... boring. Wht happened to the Curves being in different colours? anyweigh... I would really like a 8900 or 9630, but if they only come in Black, then i might have to move to a different kind of smart phone (but prbly not, BBs are a drug.) or just settle with a Frost 8520. Does anyone knw why BB stoped making their phones in different colours and if they'll start back making colours again? At least white or grey...
    10-02-09 01:08 PM
    Color means that much to you? You're willing to switch phone companies?

You can switch the housings to a colored housing or you can paint them yourself.
    10-02-09 01:17 PM
    I've seen many "Berries" in lots of different colors with carriers other than T- Mobile When I upgraded, I didn't think the choice between "gold" and "titanium" was much of one. T-Mobile doesn't have much choice in hardware anyway so to me color is par to the point. With this being said I have been a loyal customer for many years and choose instead to "dress her up" with cases rather than change carriers. There's even a website where you can design your own skins with picture uploads from your PC!

Thanks for the Chime...
    10-02-09 01:28 PM
    I personally don't like a colored phone, because then I'm stuck with that color forever.

There are tons of options, from purchasing housing and cases to colorware for your berry.
    10-02-09 01:38 PM
    I have to question your loyalty to BB if you are willing to switch because of the color of the casing.Google cnn.cn it should bring you to a phone website they sell casing for almost every phone made and they carry colored casings for BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 01:45 PM
    Thnks for your answers so far everybody btw, my phone is white. I REALLY like BlackBerries and I wouldnt want to switch, but if all their phones seriously only come in black, I would maybe get a different kind of phone. I like being differnt. And I have this thing about conformity (which is why I would never buy a silver car, but thats not hear nor there). So if that makes me not a "real" or "loyal" BlackBerry owner/fan/whatever, then so be it. I'm sure I would get a "frost" 8520 before getting something other than a Blackberry though. They are addicting. And thanks for the suggestions of changing the casing, but one website I went to charged $135, ugghhh. No matter what phone I get next, it won't be with T Mobile again, I loose service at least once a day everywhere I go.
    10-02-09 07:39 PM
    to me i don't really care about colored phones. i care about how well the phone is gonna work in my area and what i'm gonna use it most for. besides, they BLACKberry. Black. like everybody else said, just get a colored case. my 8900 is black and i'm using a blue silicone skin.
    10-03-09 09:40 AM
    to me i don't really care about colored phones. i care about how well the phone is gonna work in my area and what i'm gonna use it most for. besides, they BLACKberry. Black. like everybody else said, just get a colored case. my 8900 is black and i'm using a blue silicone skin.
    EXACTLY! BLACKberry. BLACK.
    You would not belive how many comments/compliments I got when I first got my phone for it being white, again, I like being different. (...and my phone actually deserves being called a crackberry, it is white, like crack cocaine...) You do make a good point about it being a bussiness phone, and not being in colours and blah blah blah. I still would just like a phone in other than black. Like white, or... grey, nothing to Bold (there's a joke there)... like orange (which I think Sprit Nextal makes for the 8300s). I think Ill just get a "frost" 8520, Id rather get that than something other than a BlackBerry.
    10-04-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD