I'd like to know what are the best Cloud services available and running. Do any of you use a cloud service with you BlackBerry? Is there a recommended one? Dropbox, sugarsync, or Amazon.....as a Amazon prime member I'm leaning toward that but are there others I should consider and for what reasons? I know Amazon offers the most space for the lowest price, but is there something I'm missing?
    04-12-11 08:40 PM
    is this a stupid question or does everybody think I.m stupid for asking? Im suprised at no responses
    04-12-11 11:59 PM
    I personally use Dropbox its free and can accumulate a great amount of space by just pure referrals

No question is a stupid question. We are all curious about something, better ask and get some response then ask and never know an answer.
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-13-11 12:01 AM
    I use DropBox quite a bit. You can't beat the price.
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-13-11 12:01 AM
    Ok Thanks, I'll check out dropbox. I just looked at Amazon and apparently its not able to stream to BlackBerrys...does dropbox? wait ill just sign up...
    04-13-11 12:19 AM
    You can get the dropbox app on your blackberry. However dropbox requires you download the file onto the device before it opens it, So if you're not on wifi it won't allow you to download certain files as Blackberry has a download cap of 2MB
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-13-11 12:40 AM
    You can get the dropbox app on your blackberry. However dropbox requires you download the file onto the device before it opens it, So if you're not on wifi it won't allow you to download certain files as Blackberry has a download cap of 2MB
    What? I download 20-30mb podcasts all the time, why would Dropbox be different?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 03:02 AM
    What? I download 20-30mb podcasts all the time, why would Dropbox be different?

Yeah, I've never seen this limitation either. I've upgraded a 3MB over GPRS/EDGE as well as 3G

04-13-11 03:24 AM
    Yeah, I've never seen this limitation either. I've upgraded a 3MB over GPRS/EDGE as well as 3G

I even uploaded a 20mb video to youtube using my 9700

04-13-11 03:40 AM
    as with any cloud service, just be careful not to accidentally drop in something with personal and confidential info. Once you do, you have no idea how many places in the cloud your data has gone......
    04-13-11 09:40 AM
    Dropbox is the best, but sugarsync starts you out with more free space. Dropbox is more intuitive and eaiser to use, and as someone said you can earn more free space, and the price of additional space is reasonable.
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-13-11 10:36 AM
    Dropbox is the best, but sugarsync starts you out with more free space. Dropbox is more intuitive and eaiser to use, and as someone said you can earn more free space, and the price of additional space is reasonable.
    I use dropbox but I remember catching something in the news about being hacked.

04-13-11 10:38 AM
    I use dropbox but I remember catching something in the news about being hacked.

I don't keep anything of REAL value on it, mostly just media I want to share among my many computers and devices. And if folks want to steal my media, God bless them, they can enjoy, my pictures and movies and music too.
    04-13-11 10:50 AM
    Hey, thanks alot guys. I went ahead and tried dropbox...it does work well on my phone. But I also got the Amazon cloud in case they do get a blackberry app.
    04-13-11 04:23 PM
    Is the Amazon MP3 player used just for music files or does it let you upload/download other files like Dropbox?
    Last edited by TheBronx; 04-14-11 at 11:20 AM.
    04-14-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD