The Classic may not be a big success but the price is not the problem. If I wanted a good physical keyboard phone, the Classic is it. I would not be swayed by cheaper all glass models. If I were a current Curve owner who uses my phone for texting and emailing almost exclusively, I might just wait until the price comes down.

Many 9900's that are being used in business are reaching their EOL and the Classic is the alternative for those who prefer the Bold style PKB. In NA most enterprises are currently offering the Samsung or iPhone.
    It's not as easy as that, you can't just get the Classic to replace your business 9900, you need a whole new BES.
    12-29-14 10:48 AM
    True but replacing the 9900 with a Z30 or an iPhone or Samsung requires a new management system as well.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-29-14 at 03:47 PM.
    12-29-14 02:58 PM
    The Classic may not be a big success but the price is not the problem. If I wanted a good physical keyboard phone, the Classic is it. I would not be swayed by cheaper all glass models. If I were a current Curve owner who uses my phone for texting and emailing almost exclusively, I might just wait until the price comes down.

Many 9900's that are being used in business are reaching their EOL and the Classic is the alternative for those who prefer the Bold style PKB. In NA most enterprises are currently offering the Samsung or iPhone.
    The 9900 was still being manufactured earlier this year. I expected them to be in enterprises for several more years. If enterprises decide to replace them with new company owned BB devices I would expect them to favor the Classic, If they go BYOD, most of their employees probably already own iPhones or Android devices.
    12-29-14 05:01 PM
    Still not available in my country.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:35 PM
    The 9900 was still being manufactured earlier this year. I expected them to be in enterprises for several more years. If enterprises decide to replace them with new company owned BB devices I would expect them to favor the Classic, If they go BYOD, most of their employees probably already own iPhones or Android devices.
    I do not expect them to be in enterprise much at all past 2015. My son's company just upgraded his from a 9900 to a Z30. Most younger users preferred the Z30 over the Q10. The Classic has yet to hit but still I think that the Z30 would be the more popular for a while yet.
    12-29-14 05:48 PM
    I do not expect them to be in enterprise much at all past 2015. My son's company just upgraded his from a 9900 to a Z30. Most younger users preferred the Z30 over the Q10. The Classic has yet to hit but still I think that the Z30 would be the more popular for a while yet.
    The BBs in many companies are so locked down there would be very little point in a touch screen only device. The only thing you could use it for would be company email. Also, in many companies they only give out company Blackberries to senior management. Of course there are always exceptions.

I am certain that 9900s and other legacy devices will be in enterprises for a long time. Many enterprises are still using Windows XP.
    12-29-14 06:56 PM
    In the IT dept of my company, the Z30 is quite popular as a BYOD device. The S5 is second.

The BBs in many companies are so locked down there would be very little point in a touch screen only device. The only thing you could use it for would be company email. Also, in many companies they only give out company Blackberries to senior management. Of course there are always exceptions.

I am certain that 9900s and other legacy devices will be in enterprises for a long time. Many enterprises are still using Windows XP.
    Agree with the lock down. Company BB10 devices at my company can only email, make calls, and browse the web. I don't agree that there is no point in getting a touch corporate BB. I would say there is no point in getting any type of corporate locked down device, especially if it is the only phone you have.

WRT Bold 9900 availability, it is no longer an option for ordering in our internal portal. The only corporate BB's available are Q10's and Z30's.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-29-14 07:08 PM
    In the IT dept of my company, the Z30 is quite popular as a BYOD device. The S5 is second.

Agree with the lock down. Company BB10 devices at my company can only email, make calls, and browse the web. I don't agree that there is no point in getting a touch corporate BB. I would say there is no point in getting any type of corporate locked down device, especially if it is the only phone you have.

WRT Bold 9900 availability, it is no longer an option for ordering in our internal portal. The only corporate BB's available are Q10's and Z30's.
    I have yet to see a Z30 in the wild. My company does not provide BB10 devices.

A good reason to get a locked down corporate device is international roaming. Who wants to deal with filling those expenses. Of course you will have a second personal device (how else do you read your personal email and messages). I see a lot of people in the New York area with two phones, an old school BB and an iPhone or Android device. I am guessing the BB is company owned.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-29-14 07:16 PM
    I have yet to see a Z30 in the wild. My company does not provide BB10 devices.

A good reason to get a locked down corporate device is international roaming. Who wants to deal with filling those expenses. Of course you will have a second personal device (how else do you read your personal email and messages). I see a lot of people in the New York area with two phones, an old school BB and an iPhone or Android device. I am guessing the BB is company owned.
    I've always had my personal device. Always will. Personal stays personal.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-29-14 11:50 PM
    Any idea how it's selling so far?
    12-30-14 04:14 PM
    I've always had my personal device. Always will. Personal stays personal.

if you had Balance you would not need 2 phones??
    12-30-14 04:32 PM
    2 phone numbers.
    12-30-14 04:33 PM
    2 phone numbers.
    well I guess not only 1 phone number...would it be that bad?

on the other hand the second phone number is apparently coming
    12-30-14 04:37 PM
    I would not want it. I want my work phone separate.

I carry more than two phones and that's not an issue.

If my job wants me to have a phone then they need to give it to me. Just like they give me a laptop.

12-30-14 08:25 PM
139 ... 456