Easy to do so if there was only about 10 in stock

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151

Haggling down just like Abraham did... LOL :-)

And the LORD said, "If I find at Sodom fifty righteous in the city, I will spare the whole place for their sake." [...] Suppose five of the fifty righteous are lacking. Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five?" And he said, "I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there." Again he spoke to him and said, "Suppose forty are found there." He answered, "For the sake of forty I will not do it." [...] -Genesis 18:26,28,29 (Shared from e-Mmanuel for BB10)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-06-15 05:38 AM
    I went to Dubai last month and visited the BlackBerry store. It was so exciting. I saw the Classic and Z3 for the first time, and people asked about my red Passport. It was so much fun in there, and a lot of people checking out the Classic with their old 9900 with them.

It was great to be in there, and I can't wait to go back in a couple months.

Attachment 332142

Attachment 332143
    Nice looking place. Their one and only successful store. Thanks for the pics.
    02-06-15 07:06 AM
    Z3 has released in only 14 countries including UAE. Mostly middle east countries.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:16 AM
    Very cool! Didn't you see the Z3 before?

Posted via CB10
    Based on sales... not many have seen it.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-06-15 07:39 AM
    Based on sales... not many have seen it.
    No. Z3 is based on region. It is only available for sale in 14 different countries including UAE. Z3 has done really really good in Indonesia. It was codenamed Blackberry "Jakarta"

Basically it was aimed for the Indonesian market.
    Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:54 AM
    Lol. BlackBerry is the Arab phone of choice?

Posted via CB10
    By far.

Explains why all the Porsche phones have launch events in the UAE/Harrods.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:56 AM
    By far.

Explains why all the Porsche phones have launch events in the UAE/Harrods.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:57 AM
    I was at the Rogers store in Calgary Chinook Mall and he said they have sold out of the classic several times.

Keep in mind though the supply chain is much better managed.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 12:45 PM
    Very cool! Didn't you see the Z3 before?

Posted via CB10

Blackberry Classic sold out in Dubai-img_20150118_170333.jpg

Nope. I live in Los Angeles, so it's hard to find any BlackBerry devices in stores anymore. The last BlackBerry I bought from my carrier was the Q10 in June 2013 (I've bought the Z30, a white Q10, a black Passport from Shop BlackBerry and the red one from Amazon.. never again, T-Mobile!).

But at the BlackBerry store in Dubai, I played with the Z3 and the white and gold Q10, and all the others. It was so cool to see all the accessories and stuff too. I couldn't stop smiling, it was like being where I belong haha

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    02-06-15 12:48 PM
    I wanna go in a BlackBerry store too

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 12:52 PM
    No. Z3 is based on region. It is only available for sale in 14 different countries including UAE. Z3 has done really really good in Indonesia. It was codenamed Blackberry "Jakarta"

Basically it was aimed for the Indonesian market.
    Posted via CB10
    Even for a regional device the sales of the Z3 have fallen pretty flat. The only numbers we really have are from India, and last I looked it was only at about 50K device in total... that is pretty small number for a market as big as India is.

The Z3 is too expensive and lacks the dual SIM functionality that many in there regions desire due to the fractured carriers in these markets. Which is why sales of BlackBerry devices have fallen from a high of 2.5 Million a year, to only 305 Thousand last year... even if they were all Z3, that isn't really all that impressive in a market where sales are over 50 million a year.

If the Z3 had do anything "really really good", Chen would have brought it up.
    02-06-15 01:25 PM
    i have a feeling if BB stores will open in big cities in us a lot of people will come to check it out and learn about bbries ,they will drop their phones for a bb.
    02-06-15 02:10 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150118_170333.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	332220

Nope. I live in Los Angeles, so it's hard to find any BlackBerry devices in stores anymore. The last BlackBerry I bought from my carrier was the Q10 in June 2013 (I've bought the Z30, a white Q10, a black Passport from Shop BlackBerry and the red one from Amazon.. never again, T-Mobile!).

But at the BlackBerry store in Dubai, I played with the Z3 and the white and gold Q10, and all the others. It was so cool to see all the accessories and stuff too. I couldn't stop smiling, it was like being where I belong haha

Posted via CB10
    AWESOME!
    02-06-15 04:12 PM
    I wanna go in a BlackBerry store too

Posted via CB10
    Come to Dubai
    02-06-15 04:12 PM
    i have a feeling if BB stores will open in big cities in us a lot of people will come to check it out and learn about bbries ,they will drop their phones for a bb.
    Yes you are right. Many big cities dont have a bb store :/
    02-06-15 04:13 PM
    Even for a regional device the sales of the Z3 have fallen pretty flat. The only numbers we really have are from India, and last I looked it was only at about 50K device in total... that is pretty small number for a market as big as India is.

The Z3 is too expensive and lacks the dual SIM functionality that many in there regions desire due to the fractured carriers in these markets. Which is why sales of BlackBerry devices have fallen from a high of 2.5 Million a year, to only 305 Thousand last year... even if they were all Z3, that isn't really all that impressive in a market where sales are over 50 million a year.

If the Z3 had do anything "really really good", Chen would have brought it up.
    Seriously? Only 305k last year? Thats a good thing then. From 2.5 Million to 305k last year. Source? I need to read it!
    02-06-15 04:14 PM
    Well am in Beirut now and my retailer told me that Classics are selling like hot cakes and are doing wayyy better than the Q10 and Z10s. And mostly always sold out. But what I really like is how the two devices really stand among the crowd. On retail they are just different.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 05:22 PM
    Yes you are right. Many big cities dont have a bb store :/
    I've never seen one (I live in Vancouver) and definitely think it would be awesome to have. Carriers barely seem to carry them and, if they do, often they are special order only and rarely have a dummy unit, let alone a working demo. Even a kiosk in a mall would be great to see! A nice well lit, well displayed kiosk with working demos would surely generate sales. And more buzz. More people need to see the devices in person and the carrier stores aren't helping there.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-06-15 05:29 PM
    if they would have stores blackberry people can buy them and activate them to whatever carrier of course if the device it's compatible
    at this point a lot of people in LA don't think that BB still make phones cause it's so hard to see one in store
    02-06-15 05:54 PM
    I have a feeling if BB stores will open in big cities in us a lot of people will come to check it out and learn about bbries ,they will drop their phones for a bb.
    That would cost hundreds of millions of dollars which BlackBerry doesn't have.
    02-06-15 06:24 PM
    It can't be just high price tag and lack of dual SIM. How do the other manufactures fair, like Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, etc.? Many of their phones are expensive and lack dual SIM.
    02-06-15 06:40 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Will be curious to see how the Classic does there (india) ... OS 10.3.1 is being rolled out on all devices this month and that should be welcomed...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:42 PM
    I've never seen one (I live in Vancouver) and definitely think it would be awesome to have. Carriers barely seem to carry them and, if they do, often they are special order only and rarely have a dummy unit, let alone a working demo. Even a kiosk in a mall would be great to see! A nice well lit, well displayed kiosk with working demos would surely generate sales. And more buzz. More people need to see the devices in person and the carrier stores aren't helping there.
    I had an overnight layover in Montreal in October 2014 and happened by a Future Shop. They had a selection of BlackBerry's, including the newly released Passport.
    02-06-15 06:49 PM
    Don't want to be a Debbie downer but we should all know this story by now.
    The Z3, 10, 30 and the Q10 all sold out at one point in any given store and yet managed to be millions away from the expected sales numbers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-06-15 06:57 PM
    It can't be just high price tag and lack of dual SIM. How do the other manufactures fair, like Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, etc.? Many of their phones are expensive and lack dual SIM.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but even Samsung's, Sony's, and LG's flagship phones have dual SIM versions.

Posted from an ME173X
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-06-15 07:17 PM
78 1234