Another feature leaks on a new week Monday! The upcoming successor model to Q10 -;BlackBerry Classic not only brings back desired Tool-Belt but also some classic features which were missing on BlackBerry 10. Apart from hardware changes, the software on the Classic is also tweaked to bring back the highly useful Shortcut key assignments such as to launch apps, long-press quick dials & performing quick actions like compsing messages, creating new task etc., similar to older Bold and other QWERTY legacy devices running BBOS. Currently on Q10 & Q5, users can only set shortcuts to long-press quick dial but we may see these new comings in the upcoming BlackBerry 10.3 OS update. If you are a 'Instant Action' fan of BlackBerry 10 OS, you will still be able to perform them as these shortcuts are only applied on long-press actions.

Read more of this post : http://www.bbin.in/2014/09/blackberr...ts/#more-24900

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 06:22 AM
    09-15-14 06:22 AM
    Nice. Any word if toggling notifications using the long press will be back? I loved the long-press Q to toggle between notification profiles in legacy devices. I know it's in the quick settings but the long press method is still quicker and simpler. :-)

And while I am a fan of universal search I know a lot of people who prefer the shortcuts method. So it's good to hear the option is coming back.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-15-14 01:30 PM
    Nice. Any word if toggling notifications using the long press will be back? I loved the long-press Q to toggle between notification profiles in legacy devices. I know it's in the quick settings but the long press method is still quicker and simpler. :-)

And while I am a fan of universal search I know a lot of people who prefer the shortcuts method. So it's good to hear the option is coming back.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Actually, it has been shown that this is back. Woot!! :-)

Edit: I know I could have edited it, but wanted to bump this back up top.
    09-30-14 08:38 PM