I've been thinking lately about the BlackBerry Classic. Initially I thought what are they playing at? Why are they going backwards in terms of technology? Why bring back the scroll when everyone has just managed to get along with not having one?

But... I honestly thing this could be the one. I'm sure the old fashioned business user doesn't like fiddling about with touch screens. These guys have to quickly message whilst on the go, and sometimes without even looking at their phone (which a lot of BlackBerry users can do on physical keyboards). Imagine walking in a busy city and having to look down at your touch screen phone all the while? Messing about with just missing a letter on your touch screen so you have to go back and delete it then re-type the correct one. You'll get home more beaten than George Groves.

Having the ability to scroll, the toolbelt, having the ability to type on a physical keyboard AND the ability to have the option of touch screen, with the great camera, all these new apps, hub, gestures etc etc. I think this phone is going to do better than all the BB10 phones to date. These business users will jump at it surely? It's got EVERYTHING all of our BB10 devices have, and more. The one thing they are missing, which we missed at first, the toolbelt.

Remember just how good the Bold 9900 was? Probably one of, if not the best BlackBerry of all time. I think, with the new OS, the Classic could be the new 9900... but even better.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rajan Kandola; 06-11-14 at 04:18 AM.
    06-11-14 03:31 AM
    I agree BB should of never brought out the Q's without toolbelt. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    acovey and neoberry99 like this.
    06-11-14 03:50 AM
    Tool belt is THE productivity key of BBOS phones. Except typing all activities are done through tool belt. The real productivity people see phone as a tool not a toy. Though toy earns more money than tool.

I still love my 9870 which I keep along with Z10. And will jump on Classic as soon it arrives.
    06-11-14 04:04 AM
    Actually looking forward to get a classic. This is from a guy that never actually owned any keyboard phone. It might just tempt me to switch.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:16 AM
    Actually looking forward to get a classic. This is from a guy that never actually owned any keyboard phone. It might just tempt me to switch.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:26 AM
    I think the Classic will be a success in terms of bringing Bold fans back to BlackBerry and maybe generating new BB10 users. It's still the BlackBerry device I'm looking forward to the most.

I doubt that it will do wonders on the consumer market though because a phone with keyboard and toolbelt might seem even more old fashioned to most users and the small screen real estate will put off a lot of people too.
    Last edited by SunshineStateFlyer; 06-11-14 at 12:13 PM.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-11-14 09:57 AM
    I was very skeptical about the Q20 when I first heard about it. . . now as time goes on, I'm more and more excited for it. I've been able to use my wife's new Q10 for the last month or so, and man how I would love the toolbelt (specifically the call and end buttons, but the trackpad would be nice for editing on the smaller screen and for overall one-handed usefulness).
    Hoping it lives up to my mental hype!
    06-11-14 10:23 AM
    My Z10 is my first BlackBerry. It has been a wonderful experience. As I become more proficient the need for a precise ability to swiftly correct and move the cursor become more apparent.

I think the Classic will be highly successful.
    06-11-14 10:28 AM
    When I first got a BB Bold 9650, I thought it was weird and quirky. But I quickly came to understand what all the fuss was about. The phone was so efficient, you could do everything while stopped at a red light it seemed. I am hoping to see more of that. I love the Z10 but think I would love the Q20 (or Q30) even more.
    06-11-14 10:33 AM
    I think the Classic will be a success in terms of bringing Bold fans back to BlackBerry and maybe generating new BB10 users. It's still the BlackBerry device I'm looking forward to the most.

I doubt that it will do wonders on the consumer market though because a phone with keyboard and toolbelt might seem even more old fashioned to most users and the small screen real estate will put off a lot of people too.
    It may not.

IMHO, Classic is to bring BES legacy customers to BES10/12 and Z3 for emerging markets to bring BIS customers to BB10 so that they can shut down BBOS operations.
    ReneV likes this.
    06-12-14 03:51 AM
    Yeah I agree, and I hope there will be a lot of people turning to BB10 from OS7. To finally manage that, this will be a long process anyways because there are so many OS7 devices still operative. They should maybe bring up some kind of cash benefit for corporations that switch to BB10.
    06-12-14 06:11 AM
    It wasn't even released yet so can't really call it the "best". Let's just wait and see.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    raw_dog likes this.
    06-12-14 06:16 AM
    Not for me. BlackBerry has converted me to all touch with the Z10. I had keyboard and touch pad issues with multiple 9900 devices, so I don't want a device with more possible points of failure (search on trackpads in sunlight, and stuttering keyboards). Nope for me a new all touch BB10 device will be the best available. I hope people that still cling to the PKB get a great device, but for me I have zero interest in them anymore.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    1raygin and Bbnivende like this.
    06-12-14 06:29 AM
    The "best" is a very subjective word for a phone that has yet to be released and it is really about what is the "best" phone for the user.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-12-14 06:41 AM

Remember just how good the Bold 9900 was? Probably one of, if not the best BlackBerry of all time. I think, with the new OS, the Classic could be the new 9900... but even better.

Posted via CB10
    That's a bit of a stretch. The 9900 was decent at best IMO.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-12-14 07:20 AM
    Really?
    06-17-14 02:52 AM
    LOL!!

No further questions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-17-14 03:14 AM
    I hav q 10 and I am missing trackpad and calling buttons after my bold 9780
    But I judge there is no need of buttons in 10 os exept qwerty
    I will not purchase classic becouse back button is not awlayble in 10 os this is its importance

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 03:17 AM
    I understand why the classic is been introduced to bring some of the OS7 folks over to OS10 in the enterprise world.

As for me and most everyone I know who use to be a physical keyboard person have all converted to an all touch device and are not looking back.

I think an updated all touch device with a fast processor and great graphics, a good form factor, priced right and with some marketing, would sell.

Touch devices are what 99% of the market is using now, so if I was going to put out a device to get me back in the game, that would be my choice.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 06-17-14 at 10:36 AM.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-17-14 04:18 AM
    Really?
    Really. At least in my opinion. It was a step back from the 9000. The camera was terrible and the battery life was awful. The 9000 was hands down the best BB I've ever used, followed by the 8700 which was a flat out tank and could take a beating like no other. Again just my opinion but I wasn't a fan of the 9900.
    06-17-14 07:14 AM
    I love my Z10 but I will get the Classic when it comes out.

Z10 on Telus
    06-17-14 07:22 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I agree OP... the Classic IS the followup to the iconic bold 9900.

If done properly, it will be what we have been waiting for.. the q10 and others don't measure up..

I have them all.. miss the bold 9900 and add to it a decent camera and up to date specs etc....

Spells classic!!!

Posted via CB10
    RJB55 likes this.
    06-17-14 07:29 AM
    My best device is one that BlackBerry does not make. It would be the same size as the Z10 but have s 4.7 inch screen like the Moto X. It would have a Android app store built in.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 07:40 AM
    I'll be going with the Classic when it's available. It's what the Q10 should have been, imo, which is why I'm still using my 9930. As to "best" there is no best there is just what works best for you.
    Bbnivende and pantlesspenguin like this.
    06-17-14 09:15 AM
    My best device is one that BlackBerry does not make. It would be the same size as the Z10 but have s 4.7 inch screen like the Moto X. It would have a Android app store built in.

Posted via CB10
    When I use my Z10 I envision what it would've been like if the glossy black part around the screen was actually the rest of the screen. A device like that would've been hot.
    06-17-14 11:07 AM
57 123