Passed a Carphone Warehouse this afternoon so called in for a browse, mainly at the Priv. Quite nice and the keyboard not as bad as i'd remembered previous, however the Classic was lined up next to the Priv and well she's a mighty fine piece of hardware - classy looking and felt great on the keyboard, could easily live with it even though I guess its passed its sell by date in terms of technology.

The young female assistant came over to chat and asked if I was interested in either of the phones but said I already owned a Blackberry being the Passport, she replying "I've never heard of the Passport" so quickly whipped it out of my pocket for her to see and she was amazed by the size and quality of the phone.

Didn't see the Dtek50 on display and she'd never heard the name before so hopefully will get to see one in the flesh shortly
    09-06-16 11:24 AM
    Good to know the classic is still on show its a mighty fine phone and one I'm still loving every day,wouldn't mind the passport as my 2nd phone my bold 9700 is well worn out,but t no DTEK? I'm not sure if that's good or bad news? Good for the blackberry 10 users but bad for blackberry as a company.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 11:28 AM
    Know where your coming from BB10 is amazing, passport is excellent. Had a few issues recently with over heating and eventually did a system reboot which cured everything albeit I think its starting to go the same way again. Think I might have to invest in a Classic before they disappear totally, good size to have for general use whereas passport does get a bit cumbersome at times e.g. like going for bike rides, jogging and even tried it skiing - but still a small price to pay I guess
    09-06-16 03:08 PM
    Still wish that Classic had a removable battery... :')

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    tommytheb and idssteve like this.
    09-06-16 04:13 PM
    Ya the Classic is a nice phone and the keyboard is better than the Priv's keyboard but it is outdated. If you are worried about it being hot I find Priv gets hotter than the Passport especially when it is pretty active(apps, on Internet, downloading and charging). I use my Priv most of the time for Hi Res music and because of apps . So the Priv is my main driver. I take out my Passport for the browser and work Blueprints. Oh ya and Crackberry is better on Passport. I find that nobody can touch BlackBerry Passport Browser right now for me anyways. If you just want a 'talk and text 'phone ,and that is it ,then the Classic would be a good choice. This is all from my experiences owning them.
    Also let both sisters borrow my Z30 and Leap. Just want them back when they are done with them. Probably end up getting the DTEK50.
    tommytheb likes this.
    09-06-16 04:22 PM
    Yes also have Blueprints and works sweet on passport. Not really an app disciple but there are a couple of apps I wouldn't mind having to assist in my work but not keen on going andriod. Did sort of half try the Cobalt way but lost the will to live early on.

Might even get Classic just for social calls, texts etc. in evenings when out and about as would sit nicely under the radar in back of trouser pocket
    09-06-16 04:40 PM
    Yeah it's more than worth investing in a classic I am more than positive you wouldn't be sorry,ive been hinting at my wife with my birthday coming up to buy me another one or even a passport sadly her response is unprintable,maybe I should just get a new wife instead?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 06:16 PM
    Yeah it's more than worth investing in a classic I am more than positive you wouldn't be sorry,ive been hinting at my wife with my birthday coming up to buy me another one or even a passport sadly her response is unprintable,maybe I should just get a new wife instead?

Posted via CB10
    Ha Ha, especially if you could get a new wife on a 12 monthly rolling contract, even better
    09-07-16 02:35 AM
    Please if anyone opens a shop where you can trade your wife in for a new model every 12 months then I'm there first in line!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 09:12 AM
    That's wouldn't be moral or ethical, would it... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-07-16 03:59 PM
    Mmmmmmmm........a man with a conscience eh!
    Maybe not moral or ethical but bloody good fun.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 10:41 PM
    Maybe I should trade my Lumia 950 for a Classic?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    09-07-16 10:52 PM
    Yes you should.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 01:07 AM
    That's wouldn't be moral or ethical, would it... :-D

Yes, when you consider his wife might be more inclined to use popular social networking outlets etc.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    09-08-16 05:55 AM
    Please if anyone opens a shop where you can trade your wife in for a new model every 12 months then I'm there first in line!

Posted via CB10
    Me as well. Yearly updates. Enhanced features. Less bloatware. Ability to silence it with your mind etc

Posted via G5 with hub+
    svelt likes this.
    09-08-16 06:30 AM
    Me as well. Yearly updates. Enhanced features. Less bloatware. Ability to silence it with your mind etc

Posted via G5 with hub+
    Hahaha yes please sign me up now!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 06:59 AM
    For the majority in today's society, the Classic is really insufficient as a primary device. It does make a lot of sense as a secondary/work-only device as long as its prime function is in emails/Exchange and document editing, moreso than a Galaxy or iPhone.

Though it's sort of become a social taboo to carry two devices (unless you're VP level or above) I personally think the Classic gets a pass. There are still lots of people in the non-millennial generation that struggle mightily to (accurately) type more than a couple of paragraphs on glass, including my own colleagues and older family members who could really benefit from a spare PKB.
    09-08-16 03:23 PM
    Passed a Carphone Warehouse this afternoon so called in for a browse, mainly at the Priv. Quite nice and the keyboard not as bad as i'd remembered previous, however the Classic was lined up next to the Priv and well she's a mighty fine piece of hardware - classy looking and felt great on the keyboard, could easily live with it even though I guess its passed its sell by date in terms of technology.

The young female assistant came over to chat and asked if I was interested in either of the phones but said I already owned a Blackberry being the Passport, she replying "I've never heard of the Passport" so quickly whipped it out of my pocket for her to see and she was amazed by the size and quality of the phone.

Didn't see the Dtek50 on display and she'd never heard the name before so hopefully will get to see one in the flesh shortly
    Did they per chance have the Classic available to buy unlocked? If so, how much is it going for?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 04:23 PM
    To me it makes sense to have two anyways. Have two has so many benefits . Passport instead of Laptop or Tablet, fits inside jacket or suit pocket. Priv in holster. Classic in pocket or purse but usually in women's hand. Also if one is broken or lost you always have one right. More cost effective than paying iPhone and Galaxy at their price.
    tommytheb likes this.
    09-08-16 05:07 PM
    Yes Classic was available sim free but I didn't ask what price was
    09-09-16 03:05 PM
    Blackberry Classic is way too expensive for what it is. If they were to drop the price by �100 id consider getting one to replace my aging Q10. Instead, im looking to buy a white Z10, the Passport has taught me how much I love having so much screen real estate.

andy957 likes this.
    09-09-16 03:45 PM
    Still wish that Classic had a removable battery... :')

And a faster processor and better screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 08:36 PM
    Blackberry Classic is way too expensive for what it is. If they were to drop the price by �100 id consider getting one to replace my aging Q10. Instead, im looking to buy a white Z10, the Passport has taught me how much I love having so much screen real estate.

I agree on this 100 percent. The screen estate is one of the reason why I will not use classic anymore coming from passport. Aside from the fact that Classic is way overpriced as of this moment and way too slow if u will compare it to passport

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 10:01 PM
    I agree on this 100 percent. The screen estate is one of the reason why I will not use classic anymore coming from passport. Aside from the fact that Classic is way overpriced as of this moment and way too slow if u will compare it to passport

Though this is just for fun I just hope BlackBerry will do ala iphone 5se (Iphone 5s body on a 6s specs) this time on BlackBerry Classic with a paSsport specs hahaha.. Iphone aesthetics wise is on a backward haha iphone 5s loooks more elegant if u will compare it to the new iphones in the market haha
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 10:04 PM