The video is below. This is what I was experiencing when signing in to google owned youtube on my blackberry classic. Frustraiting as you could ever put it and impossible to back out of unless I tap on it like CRAZY until the cancel button is hit. I think google essentually broke this functionality. Notes: My classic was refreshed (clean reloaded), and I just switched back to it after a month and a half of using my blackberry bold 9900. Seems the token or cookie from the login is not being passed to the application like it did on 10.3.1 or earlier.

Last edited by Rootbrian; 07-18-15 at 04:41 PM. Reason: more information
    carlosmpt and khaisilk1910 like this.
    07-18-15 04:40 PM
    Bump... Anyone having the same issues or do you not even post to youtube from your blackberry?
    teostar likes this.
    07-19-15 01:50 AM
    I watched your video but can't help since I'm on 10.3.1.. And, of course, I don't have this kind of issue..Have you tried uploading with some third party apps or going directly to youtube.com, login and select Upload from there?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 04:55 AM
    What about posting this issue into the BlackBerry Classic sub-forum? Maybe you'll find someone else with your issue there..

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:31 AM
    I watched your video but can't help since I'm on 10.3.1.. And, of course, I don't have this kind of issue..Have you tried uploading with some third party apps or going directly to youtube.com, login and select Upload from there?

Posted via CB10
    If I forgot to state, youtube had a basic uploader before, which I used, until they disabled it. Google's own youtube uploader "app" is useless due to depending on play services, something I can't be bothered to load on my Classic at all.

What about posting this issue into the BlackBerry Classic sub-forum? Maybe you'll find someone else with your issue there..

Posted via CB10
    I posted it here because it also affects Passport owners. Bla1ze confirmed it via Twitter when I tweeted at him. It's 10.3.2 in general which badly needs a fix issued.

It would really help if you shared this thread to give it a broader outreach, to see if anyone else is affected too.
    07-19-15 01:39 PM
    The video is below. This is what I was experiencing when signing in to google owned youtube on my blackberry classic. Frustraiting as you could ever put it and impossible to back out of unless I tap on it like CRAZY until the cancel button is hit. I think google essentually broke this functionality. Notes: My classic was refreshed (clean reloaded), and I just switched back to it after a month and a half of using my blackberry bold 9900. Seems the token or cookie from the login is not being passed to the application like it did on 10.3.1 or earlier.

[video]https://youtu.be/G0BVQyk5yVA[/url]
    I have the same issue on a Z30, and have had it since before upgrading to 10.3.2. It's a glitch that's persisted through several OS updates/Autoloaders. I'm considering autoloading 10.3.2.2339 and seeing if the issue is still there prior to restoring. It's all that I can think of doing.
    07-20-15 08:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure this issue stated for me after upgrading to 10.3.1 on my Q10 a while ago. Just upgraded to the Passport a few days ago, which is also running on 10.3.1, and am still experiencing the same issue :-(
    07-20-15 07:13 PM
    What if you signed on to youtube from your browser first?
    The bug that annoys me more is after you start the upload, if you're on mobile data it will never work, and you have to do some weird stuff to make the video transferring bar go away.
    07-20-15 10:58 PM
    I autoloaded 10.3.2.2339, logged into YouTube 'app', and the glitch persisted when I shared a video from either the device or (non encrypted) SD card. Did a security wipe, and again, the issue persists. I do miss being able to upload videos to YouTube.
    07-21-15 12:22 AM
    What if you signed on to youtube from your browser first?
    The bug that annoys me more is after you start the upload, if you're on mobile data it will never work, and you have to do some weird stuff to make the video transferring bar go away.
    Weird stuff like a reboot after holding on the upload and hitting Cancel (which it never goes away). Then it does. Done that many times over. The browser doesn't do anything and the way Google supposively handles it, it does it separately, and thus tokens/cookies don't transfer over.

I autoloaded 10.3.2.2339, logged into YouTube 'app', and the glitch persisted when I shared a video from either the device or (non encrypted) SD card. Did a security wipe, and again, the issue persists. I do miss being able to upload videos to YouTube.
    You could try with the uploader on the Web that Google uses, http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload in desktop mode, or mobile, but whether it'll work it not beats me. It worked the first time, then started rejecting the files right after, telling me to review a link that had no help at all. Google restricts it to the "app" now, and that requires Google play services (the android one). I would hate to go through all that trouble. Guess it's just "plug it in, copy the file, unplug" again.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    07-21-15 05:55 AM
    Weird stuff like a reboot after holding on the upload and hitting Cancel (which it never goes away). Then it does. Done that many times over. The browser doesn't do anything and the way Google supposively handles it, it does it separately, and thus tokens/cookies don't transfer over.

You could try with the uploader on the Web that Google uses, http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload in desktop mode, or mobile, but whether it'll work it not beats me. It worked the first time, then started rejecting the files right after, telling me to review a link that had no help at all. Google restricts it to the "app" now, and that requires Google play services (the android one). I would hate to go through all that trouble. Guess it's just "plug it in, copy the file, unplug" again.
    The URL you provided seems to redirect me to youtube.com/upload which is what I have been using as a work-around on my BlackBerry browser, (after pulling YouTube.com up in desktop mode). Most of the time it's been working for me.

I am now in communication with BlackBerry support via their Twitter account, in attempt to figure this out. I will let you know how far I get with that :-)
    07-21-15 11:09 AM
    The BlackBerryHelp people on Twitter told me to call my service provider, my service provider transferred me to BlackBerry support.

Long story short, BlackBerry support ended up opening a case, and telling me that I'm the first to report this issue. They asked me to go through the "reload software" option via BB Link after backing my data off of the BB up, and then to try it again.

I tried it on my Q10 where I recently installed 10.3.2 fresh (nothing else is now installed on this device), and I'm getting the exact same issue. I mentioned that to him, but he said that there wasn't much he could do about it since they need at least 2 people to have reported the issue to them, in order to send it to the next level up to have it investigated.

I therefore strongly urge you to call your service provider, and have them open a case with BlackBerry, so we can get this issue resolved!
    07-21-15 02:40 PM
    The BlackBerryHelp people on Twitter told me to call my service provider, my service provider transferred me to BlackBerry support.

Long story short, BlackBerry support ended up opening a case, and telling me that I'm the first to report this issue. They asked me to go through the "reload software" option via BB Link after backing my data off of the BB up, and then to try it again.

I tried it on my Q10 where I recently installed 10.3.2 fresh (nothing else is now installed on this device), and I'm getting the exact same issue. I mentioned that to him, but he said that there wasn't much he could do about it since they need at least 2 people to have reported the issue to them, in order to send it to the next level up to have it investigated.

I therefore strongly urge you to call your service provider, and have them open a case with BlackBerry, so we can get this issue resolved!
    Can you share a case number via PM? Would make it simpler for support to connect the dots.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:53 AM
    Can you share a case number via PM? Would make it simpler for support to connect the dots.
    PM with details has been sent :-)
    07-22-15 09:00 AM
    PM with details has been sent :-)
    got it , thanks.

@RootBrian perhaps you should do the same? Then there'll be three of us?
    07-22-15 11:01 AM
    got it , thanks.
    No prob.

Would I be breaking the forum rules if I were to post the details within the thread? The more people that complain about it to BlackBerry, the more likely they are to do something about it, right? ;-)
    07-22-15 11:13 AM
    I haven't had the chance to call the carrier and get forwarded to blackberry to open the ticket yet. Grrr. Friday maybe.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    07-22-15 11:29 AM
    I haven't had the chance to call the carrier and get forwarded to blackberry to open the ticket yet. Grrr. Friday maybe.
    I can PM you BlackBerry Support's direct number, as well as the case number they've provided me with, if you can call them before end of day, as they told me that the case would be closed if no updates have been added within 2 days from yesterday. Let me know.
    07-22-15 12:02 PM
    I can PM you BlackBerry Support's direct number, as well as the case number they've provided me with, if you can call them before end of day, as they told me that the case would be closed if no updates have been added within 2 days from yesterday. Let me know.
    Yes, please do. I should be able to get a hold of them and see what can be done. A fix definitely needs to be made and I hope blackberry can resolve the google conflict.
    07-22-15 05:55 PM
    Yes, please do. I should be able to get a hold of them and see what can be done. A fix definitely needs to be made and I hope blackberry can resolve the google conflict.
    PM has been sent.
    07-22-15 07:36 PM
    I called BlackBerry support, but had missed the step of going through the carrier, which means a long and painful hold time. Didn't have time today.

It's so weird that it only affects a handful of people.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 08:05 PM
    I called BlackBerry support, but had missed the step of going through the carrier, which means a long and painful hold time. Didn't have time today.
    I'm pretty sure the carriers go through the same support line as the info I sent you ;-)
    Last edited by Sashko; 07-22-15 at 08:58 PM.
    07-22-15 08:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure the carriers go through the same support line as the info I sent you ;-)
    They do, but BlackBerry said they had to call in with me on the line for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 09:16 PM
    Hmm, if you didn't have the case number, that would've made sense. Hopefully we end up getting at least two of us, having reported the issue :-)
    07-22-15 09:18 PM
    Hmm, if you didn't have the case number, that would've made sense. Hopefully we end up getting at least two of us, having reported the issue :-)
    He was able to look up your case number and tell me what it said. Unfortunately, I had difficulty understanding all that he had to say due to a language barrier. To his credit, he offered to keep me on the line while he either a) contacted my carrier to open a case or b) Contact YouTube support (this was after taking my info and putting me on hold for a few minutes, likely to confer).

He didn't understand the notion of having to have at least two to complain in order to open a case and didn't know why anyone would say that. lol...those famous words "I don't know why anyone would tell you that!!"

I'll follow up for sure. Maybe the fact that I didn't go through the carrier tripped a different support script on the teleprompter?
    07-22-15 11:44 PM
42 12