I'd feel weird wearing a shirt to advertise my smartphone, but that's just me.
    No. It isn't just you.
    amazinglygraceless and tmelon like this.
    08-01-12 11:14 PM
    I think everyone is trippin on the middle finger thing or yall are just to old lol... At the same time it would be cool to be able to choose like a blackberry logo. or even a CB logo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-01-12 11:18 PM
    I think the finger thing dont describe tha tipe of persons who use blackberry devices
    at least not the vast majority

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-12 11:28 PM
    While I find the middle finger sophomoric at best, the slogan "BlackBerry By Choice"
    just screams loser trying to justify the phone I use. Sorry, even with a less obnoxious
    graphic I would not buy or wear this shirt.
    Completely agree.

I received a "Droid Does" shirt from Verizon when I bought the Moto Droid when it first came out. I wear that to sleep or around the house and never in public.

I wouldn't wear an "Android By Choice", "iOS By Choice" or this "BB By Choice" shirt. Seems way to desperate.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-02-12 at 08:29 AM.
    08-02-12 08:26 AM
    I think everyone is trippin on the middle finger thing or yall are just to old lol... At the same time it would be cool to be able to choose like a blackberry logo. or even a CB logo
    If I understand this correctly you are saying:

Old = reserved, mature and possessing at least a modicum of decency.
    Young = crass, immature, possessing a wit that barely reaches juvenile.

Nah, I'm sure you didn't mean to use such flawed generalizations
    08-02-12 09:34 AM
    I think the finger thing dont describe tha tipe of persons who use blackberry devices
    at least not the vast majority

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    I guess the people who don't want the t-shirt represent who blackberry's main audience used to be and those who do represent who they are*.

* This is a light-hearted comment, I am known to make them now and again, so let's not over analyse it.
    08-02-12 09:44 AM
    Completely agree.

I received a "Droid Does" shirt from Verizon when I bought the Moto Droid when it first came out. I wear that to sleep or around the house and never in public.

I wouldn't wear an "Android By Choice", "iOS By Choice" or this "BB By Choice" shirt. Seems way to desperate.

I wear shirts that advertise the Beer I like, the bands I like, sports teams I like, why not the phone I like?

Mind you I collect shirts, I've got some 200+ tshirts with various funny slogans/images or brand images, some certainly showing the immaturity I had at 16 when I started the collection, others a little more high brow.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    08-02-12 10:00 AM
    I wear shirts that advertise the Beer I like, the bands I like, sports teams I like, why not the phone I like?

Mind you I collect shirts, I've got some 200+ tshirts with various funny slogans/images or brand images, some certainly showing the immaturity I had at 16 when I started the collection, others a little more high brow.
    Because wearing a shirt that says "BB by choice" when RIM is a perceived as a dying brand seems desperate.

When I see someone with a band/sports shirt I say to myself "oh cool, they are a fan of insertband/teamnamehere", if I were to see someone with this BB shirt, the only thought that would go through my head is "who cares". This isn't just a "BlackBerry" shirt. This seems more like an obnoxious statement. I mean, it is giving people the finger as well, is it not?

Basically what this shirt is saying is "BlackBerry is my choice of phone, and if you have a problem, f you". The fact that this shirt is coming out at a time when RIM is at is lowest point in its history makes it even more ridiculous.

People make fun of Apple users for "cult like" attitudes, IMO this is worse.

Like I said, BlackBerry gear is fine, but this shirt seems more like self justification for a purchase in a time when BlackBerrys are considered old, stale and uncool in NA. This goes beyond support for BB, this is cult-like.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-02-12 at 10:53 AM.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-02-12 10:50 AM
    er....its just a t shirt....
    sleepngbear likes this.
    08-02-12 10:55 AM

I think it's cool to collect them. It's another thing to be a walking billboard. I cannot remember the last time I wore a t-shirt with any logo. Bands, companies, etc. ain't giving me a dime to advertise for them. Nor couldn't care any less about me. I'm an Apple guy, products wise. But I wouldn't wear a shirt with the logo. F that.
    Last edited by FigureThisOut; 08-02-12 at 11:14 AM.
    08-02-12 11:11 AM
    Who'da thunk one bird could lead to such a passionate and philosophical discussion on maturity and decency.

Just to be clear, my position on the subject:

08-02-12 12:20 PM
    I don't think it's the middle finger that's so bad (it's just really childish), but more of the fact that the shirt is saying "Hey I am using this phone of mine because I want to, even though you guys think it sucks."

I wouldn't have a problem wearing a shirt with the Rim Logo or a Crackberry shirt, but this idea is just lame lame lame.
    avt123 likes this.
    08-02-12 12:57 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD