I was on a flight back to Washington Dulles airport and sat down next to a guy who saw me using my BlackBerry Bold 9900. He said, "I see your still using a Blackberry. Does your company make you carry it? I said, "no, Blackberry by choice." He said, "hey me too". We began to talk about Blackberry's. Sadly, he had never heard of a Playbook, QNX, or BB10. So, I demo'd the Playbook and discussed what I knew about the BB10 and its estimated release time-frame.

Bottom line - He was sold on the Playbook and plans to buy a PB and will upgrade to BB10.

As we were getting ready to get off the plane, the guy next to us pulled his BB9900 out and said that he had overheard us and was dying to get in the conversation, but didn't want to interrupt.

So, I got to thinking. What can't we all sell Blackberry phones. I can do a much better job selling Blackberries than anyone at BestBuy. Sure would be interesting if RIM would allow all of us advocates/Crackberry crazies to sell the BB10 devices. Or at the least give us a referral kickback. Directv will give you $100 in bill credits for every person he or she refers.
    07-21-12 04:14 PM
    Once again a Blackberry user attempted to provoke a flame, and collected a warning for his efforts. Two posts removed.
    07-21-12 07:57 PM
    lol what did I miss?

That said, I could definitely make a living selling BB phones, for sure, cause I'm the perfect person...haa
    07-21-12 08:00 PM
    I know how the OP feels I've sold a bunch and still do!
    RIM needs sales people with the enthusiasm of a crackberry!
    07-21-12 08:23 PM
    It would be cool if you could apply to be an independent and authorized BlackBerry reseller (provided a little training and such). I would do it if I could.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-21-12 08:30 PM
    The guy who recently bought my 9930 off of ebay is super cool. We've been in contact more than I have with any other of my purchases/sales. He says he's really liking it (especially the keyboard) and I asked him if he's familiar with CrackBerry. I'd love to see him here someday!
    07-21-12 08:41 PM
    I have had an Iphone for three years now and missed my Blackberry everyday of it. So today I went into an AT&T store and when I told the guy I was going back to blackberry. he said I'd think twice about that, you know they're goig out of business. I thought it was their job to sell us what we want not just convince us to buy the latest thing. After playing around with my future phone The bold 9900, my Iphone feels like a brick, can't wait to get my new BB in the mail (no way was I going to buy it there)
    07-21-12 09:08 PM
    good for you. but now you wont be buying a bb10 device...for shame!
    07-21-12 09:41 PM
    I believe the market will become flooded with smart phones and sales will drop off. In the future the carrier with the best all around features and the best price will be the best seller.

With the economy in the tank the extras we have will be the first to go. Last year 7 million people shut off their cable TV to save money. Prepaid cellular service is growing daily so RIM needs to look at the future with their devices.

Verizon has a curve with a $10 plan that is selling very well. I myself with 5 lines and 3 smart phones will not resign a contract because I believe this market will change over the next few years for the better.
    07-21-12 10:16 PM
    The few times I've been asked about my 9930 or my PB, I'm fairly certain I answered with such verve and enthusiasm that I freaked people out and made them semi-regret asking.

I rarely ever talk tech stuff with people and never initiate, but my reasons for using (and loving) my BB stuff are so particular that I can't help but want to share. I also have a thing against all of the misconceptions surrounding BB and feel obliged to offer up the other side of the coin, so to speak.
    07-22-12 02:09 AM
    I believe the market will become flooded with smart phones and sales will drop off. In the future the carrier with the best all around features and the best price will be the best seller.

With the economy in the tank the extras we have will be the first to go. Last year 7 million people shut off their cable TV to save money. Prepaid cellular service is growing daily so RIM needs to look at the future with their devices.

Verizon has a curve with a $10 plan that is selling very well. I myself with 5 lines and 3 smart phones will not resign a contract because I believe this market will change over the next few years for the better.
    You have forgotten that once the feature phone market has diminished because of the dominance of Smartphones, the lower end BB7 devices like the Curve will become the feature phone of our generation. People are going to rock the 9780 or 9320 as their entry into the smartphone world, given that those keyboard phones will feel more familiar to these customers. People who have gone IPhone or Android will still be occupying their respective Smartphone segments, but the feature phone will be occupied by RIM even when BB10 comes into the picture. That will become an amiable situation for RIM to be in. They may be going through a tough chapter right now, but the story has yet to be written.
    07-22-12 02:17 AM
    I could do this easily. I could do a MUCH better job than anyone at BestBuy, the Verizon store, or anywhere else because I simply know more about BlackBerry (and all other devices). Not trying to say I am a genius, but I do know a LOT and the salespeople don't. Plain and simple. I'm sure this is the case with a lot of people here as well.
    07-22-12 11:01 AM
    I just hope that when the BB10 will be available all the carriers will push it once again.
    07-22-12 10:32 PM
    Did any of you guys see the update that was pushed to the Dev Alpha devices? Woohoo there will be a voice assistant in BB10! For some reason that makes me so excited...
    07-23-12 01:53 AM
    There's a reason that people who work the sales floor at Best Buy and Carrier stores suck. Pay slightly above minimum wage plus small commissions do not really attract the best and the brightest. I have a friend who know a helluva lot more about computers than your typical Geek Squad geek and would do a much better job too, but he sure as ain't gonna quit his 300K/yr job to do it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-23-12 02:18 AM
    Sold one of my 9800's last night (we moved to 9900's recently). The guy was buying for this for his brother who loves BB's and broke his recently.

The buyer asked what I'm using now and I said the Bold 9900 and showed him. He looked disappointed. Then he said "Wish I stayed with BlackBerry, they just work" and he pulled out another OS device. I told him I have another 9800 for sale but he just signed the contract two months ago and was going to give it a chance. He mentioned this is the 2nd OS other then BB he has used and wanted to try them because of his friends pressure but really misses the BB. I found that statement quite sad and I told him I'm the crazy one at work because I'm the only one that enjoys my BB in my group.
    07-24-12 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD