Blackberry CEO John Chen's hilarious tweet - sign with an S Pen...-img_20150115_090435.png

Samsung said they wanted to have drinks. I woke up with a contract in one hand and a S Pen in the other. #CES2015 #WhatHappensInVegasLeaks

Hahaha, nothing more to add... :-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-14-15 05:06 PM
    At First I thought it was real. Howdy Buddy premWatsup
    01-14-15 05:07 PM
    you all know that is kevin's account right?
    01-14-15 05:14 PM
    ^^^ was just going to say that.

Funny nevertheless :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    01-14-15 05:16 PM
    I have heard that Mr. chen is not amused by that tweet from Kevin. The media thought the account was legit, stock rise up, etc. That was a bad move.

Read more at Bloomberg and Ars Tecnica. I guess Kevin will close this account. "Kevin out".
    01-14-15 05:18 PM
    ^^^ was just going to say that.

Funny nevertheless :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    Come on... now you destroyed it... :-)

01-14-15 05:19 PM
    Come on... now you destroyed it... :-)

I did actually decided not to write it, but howarmat inevitably put up the clarification after a few minutes :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    01-14-15 05:23 PM
    I did actually decided not to write it, but howarmat inevitably put up the clarification after a few minutes :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    Anyway, good for a few LOLs.

CrackBerry thrives on this... :-)

mister2d likes this.
    01-14-15 05:24 PM
    No cool Kevin. He needs to give that account a rest

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:50 PM
    No cool Kevin. He needs to give that account a rest

Posted via CB10
    He is on his high pedestal since he stood in line for his Iphone. And using this fake account for jokes influences the stock price. You may laugh, but many watched for this tweet NOT knowing that it is the cool Kevin who acts as a comedian.

That was not so cool. Delete this account.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:35 PM
    He is on his high pedestal since he stood in line for his Iphone. And using this fake account for jokes influences the stock price. You may laugh, but many watched for this tweet NOT knowing that it is the cool Kevin who acts as a comedian.

Posted via CB10
    you cant be serious....
    01-14-15 07:39 PM
    Kevin has changed and not for the better. He got money and fame and it's gone to his head.

$500 apps. Gold phones. Etc.

He will mature down the road, but for now we miss the old "real life" Kevin.

RIP.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-14-15 08:27 PM
    That account will be taken down shortly. Heard a few people at blackberry have already reported it as misleading

Posted via CB10
    SMocek likes this.
    01-14-15 09:44 PM
    Looks like it's already been done!

Kevin deleted the tweets. Let's just say John Chen was less than amused

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:46 PM
    You would think that any reporter would have verified who the account belong to before reporting anything. I thought Kevin's tweets were funny and it is not his fault that people did not do their research before jumping the gun and thinking that Chen was said owner of the account. The only downside to this is how Kevin's actions, which I believe was done in good fun, will effect Mobile Nations/Crackberry relationship with Blackberry going forward.

I can understand Chen not finding the tweets funny, but at the same time the account is not an official blackberry twitter account and thus it should not reflect on the company at all. It is up to the Blackberry's public relations department to make sure that news outlets know what accounts are official Blackberry accounts.

Maybe I should create a tweet account, BBChenCEO, and start a twitter beef/fight with the T-Mobile CEO to really get people talking.
    PantherBlitz and Icarus3000 like this.
    01-14-15 10:11 PM
    I'm pretty certain the media buzz was not caused by this. The media was reporting a meeting which took place and a potential price too. This post didn't include any of this so I'm pretty sure the rumor came from somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:13 PM
    And people here in CB land think that BlackBerry should take notice of our opinions.
    01-14-15 11:30 PM
    You can't be serious about Kevin...

I can't even imagine what you guys are gonna say about Bla1ze if he ever/once he leaves.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-14-15 11:37 PM
    This whole little immature fiasco has been a serious waste of my time as I am not sure what is what....reminds me of standing in the line at a grocery store reading the covers of all the dumb *** magazines (doesn't happen often trust me).

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:51 PM
    Yes, I think we should ban Twitter accounts that are somehow displeasing to a public company, I mean, if there are limits for satire they aren't about small things like religion or nationality but about how it can somehow affect stock price. This seems sensible to me, especially since publicly traded corporations are a great target for loyalty since they do not care at all about anything else then to please those who have developed a brand fixation and would be incapable of going to far solely for the money and we should side with anything they propose in terms of bans and legislation.

I'm going to check the Darth Vader and Steve Jobs accounts I'm following, pretty sure they are legit but one never knows.

Posted via CB10
    MorgothPT and naveedk like this.
    01-15-15 03:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Relax guy. If a journalist actually thought it was JC they shouldn't be a journalist.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    01-15-15 04:17 AM
    Relax guy. If a journalist actually thought it was JC they shouldn't be a journalist.

Posted via CB10
    Lol THIS, any reputable one look for at least 2 sources before they run a story, at least thats what they did in The Newsroom!, and this tweet wouldn't qualify as a source

Check Out TechCraze
    Last edited by tinochiko; 01-15-15 at 05:36 AM.
    01-15-15 05:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? No one thought it was real outside of a few people in this forum.
    01-15-15 05:21 AM
    Seriously? No one thought it was real outside of a few people in this forum.
    Care to put a wager on that?

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    ponpiri likes this.
    01-15-15 06:41 AM
    Care to put a wager on that?

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    Yes show me where this was reported as news. If it was then I'll gladly stand corrected. Show me where a reliable news source reported this.
    01-15-15 06:44 AM
100 123 ...