http://crackberry.com/blackberry-can...ll-and-webcast

BlackBerry has announced a cancellation of their September 27th earnings conference call, and cites Fairfax Financial's letter of intent to acquire the company as the reason. The earnings report will still be released on the same day at 7am EST. Check out the press release for more below.

Company Cancels Conference Call Due to Previously Announced Letter of Intent

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - September 25, 2013) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY)(TSX: BB) today announced that it will release its complete second quarter financial results on Friday, September 27 at 7:00 a.m.

In light of the letter of intent agreement between BlackBerry and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited that was signed and announced on Monday, September 23, BlackBerry has cancelled its second quarter earnings conference call and webcast that had previously been scheduled for Friday, September 27 at 8:00 a.m. The company will publish further details regarding its second quarter results in the Management's Discussion and Analysis and consolidated financial statements, to be filed next week.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by elite1; 09-25-13 at 06:29 PM. Reason: swapped external link for link to CB article
    09-25-13 06:18 PM
    Changed the external link in your OP to a link to CB's front page blog article on this.
    09-25-13 06:28 PM
    Thorsten's skin might burn when he sees daylight next. It's been so long.

What a shame, we were all looking forward to this call.
    09-25-13 07:38 PM
    It's the perfect ending to the circus this story has become.

I shouldn't have been surprised really.... the execs couldn't even respond about the bbm delays other than the odd tweet every two days and some bogus media release.
    Why should we expect anything different for something as important as an earnings call.

The silence of the exec team is deafening. Ride the jets into the sunset boys, I'll try and take a picture of you with my $500 playbook/paperweight.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-25-13 07:56 PM
    All this means is BlackBerry has bought some time before law enforcement locates Thorsten's body.
    09-25-13 08:57 PM
    How do you expect devs to code for BB10 if this is going on and is hitting the news non-stop?

I think it's time for me to move on.. can't hold out for my favorite apps if things just keep going downhill like this..

BlackBerry was my first and only smartphone.. I guess there is an end to every story

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 09:01 PM
    All this means is BlackBerry has bought some time before law enforcement locates Thorsten's body.
    You think he ever existed? I always thought he was Balsillie with a mask and a bad German accent.
    09-25-13 09:02 PM
    I'm not a Blackberry stockholder and I'm also not a Blackberry diehard, so I'm not living and dying with what happens at Blackberry. (I own devices for all major mobile operating systems and only bought my first Blackberry device in February 2012.) Having said that, it is absolute BS IMO that the executive team at Blackberry is ducking out of Friday's scheduled earnings call. I'm sure many stockholders and analysts have many, many questions about what has happened at Blackberry over the last quarter, especially the last 1 1/2 weeks (terrible earnings report, private buyout offer, the BBM delay, and on a more positive note, the Z30 release), and those current OWNERS of Blackberry deserve answers.
    09-25-13 10:46 PM
    This is too bad. I was looking forward to some great drama and entertainment.
    bobauckland and Moonbase0ne like this.
    09-25-13 10:52 PM
    He's probably:
    1) Resigned
    2) Been fired
    3) Joined witness protection program
    4) Escaped in a Mrs. Doubtfire body suit to escape detection
    5) Ran for the border (he's a INS problem now in Detroit)

Your move U.S. friends

09-25-13 10:54 PM
    This is too bad. I was looking forward to some great drama and entertainment.
    Oh there will still be entertainment. Given how people parse the actual words coming from BlackBerry can you imagine the nonsense they will come up with from just a report?
    09-25-13 11:02 PM
    I just wonder if this has anything to do with the sale process. I can't see any upside from management's point of view to go over numbers they released last week. They have no obligation to analysts who have their own agendas and it is not as if the public or shareholders can call in and ask questions. The sale process is now underway and it is all about hard numbers and not what a CEO or CFO have to say about it. And most importantly, there are always lots of questions about future sales or plans and I'd be surprised if they would want to talk about the future during the sale process. One final thing. The sale process is a Board of Directors decision, not management per se. Hard to think that management would have much to say at this stage anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 11:50 PM
    This is to avoid having to front very intrusive questioning. There will be a report released via fax followed by a very swift "No comment".
    09-26-13 12:03 AM
    This is to avoid having to front very intrusive questioning. There will be a report released via fax followed by a very swift "No comment".
    I agree with you completely. But executive management is accountable to the Board not to analysts or the business media and the Board is accountable to shareholders.

It'll be interesting to see how this sale moves forward. A shareholders' meeting, if one is held at all, is where those intrusive questions would likely be asked. One thing is for sure, you and I as customers are not part of this process. BlackBerry provides products and services and is only accountable to consumers in those areas.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:21 AM
    To me this news means that Thorsten is being replaced. I don't see any other reason for them to cancel the earnings release.
    09-26-13 12:33 AM
    You think he ever existed? I always thought he was Balsillie with a mask and a bad German accent.
    And platform shoes
    bobauckland likes this.
    09-26-13 12:36 AM
    It was a great move. Why pander to US hedge funds and the media hyenas and jackals who would just spin what ever was said and presented in the most negative way possible.
    ital1 and bradu1 like this.
    09-26-13 12:38 AM
    Good

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:43 AM
    Wow so they release sales figures at a strange time, announce the layoff of a third of their workforce, utterly fumble the BBM4ALL release, announce a proposed privatization, and cancel an earnings call. All in the span of 5 days?

I can't think of more weirdness from a major multinational corporation since... well.. ever.
    09-26-13 12:49 AM
    It was a great move. Why pander to US hedge funds and the media hyenas and jackals who would just spin what ever was said and presented in the most negative way possible.
    Yeah, you're right. So much better to leave it up to them alone without any input from the executive.
    09-26-13 12:51 AM
    Has anyone ever heard of this being done before? I don't think I ever have heard of this before, even from the most dysfunctional companies.
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-26-13 12:53 AM
    $9 a share is negative enough on its own; no spin required.
    09-26-13 12:54 AM
    This board is brilliant. Doesn't everyone see the master plan.

The board releases bad news to drive down the stock. Then approves an offer that isn't an offer.

All the while they make a clean getaway for the island on the $10 million dollars jet they acquired.

The best part? The cancelled BBM on ios and Android so no one could reach them without BlackBerry devices!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by menaknow; 09-26-13 at 08:43 AM.
    09-26-13 12:55 AM
    It is so sad how funny this has become...

Too be honest, the money I've spent on paper weights from BlackBerry is well worth getting to watch this show for the last five years. (I know some have MUCH more invested, and aren't able to see anything funny about it - sorry)

They have made a bunch of bad decisions over the years, as most every company does. But things like calling your new OS BBX without making sure the name wasn't already being used.... and about everything they have done in launching BB10, and now the attempted launch of xBBm and the buyout. Moe, Larry and Curly couldn't have done it any better.
    09-26-13 09:27 AM
    And the faithful can spin around in circles how next quarter will be better without any facts! Imagine the stock charts! $20 next week! BUY BUY BUY.
    09-26-13 09:39 AM
40 12