WTH? I am currently syncing my Blackberry Curve (through a third party program) to my old Palm Calendar V4.2 for calendar/ToDo/Memos, and Tasks. How ridiculous is that? That's going to get harder to do when I get my next phone, I'm sure. Before you say Outlook - don't bother, that program was simply too much for me to look at every day.

Personally I prefer not to have all my personal information synced to a program in the clouds so I am left with Outlook as my only Windows application that can be installed on my computer. WHY?

Why hasn't RIM created a desktop app to sync all the Calendar, memo, TODOs and Notes features to a PC easily? (And you know I'm not referring to that hideous Desktop Manager) Does anyone know of a better solution than the one I'm using? Do people input all their data directly on the phone these days? Gosh, I miss my old Palm, Palm OS and Palm Calendar - they worked seamlessly for me.

And speaking of syncing, jeez, I gave up on Splash Shopper because they gave up on auto syncing with the BB and their Splash ID's sync is no winner either. Owning a BB is getting tougher to applaud. I am a physical keyboard person, so there isn't much out there in smart phones that I like, but I'm getting frustrated. Especially after paying all that money to Verizon for their voice and data plans.
    09-15-10 04:27 PM
    You could use google sync
    09-15-10 08:15 PM
    WTH? I am currently syncing my Blackberry Curve (through a third party program) to my old Palm Calendar V4.2 for calendar/ToDo/Memos, and Tasks. How ridiculous is that? That's going to get harder to do when I get my next phone, I'm sure. Before you say Outlook - don't bother, that program was simply too much for me to look at every day.

Personally I prefer not to have all my personal information synced to a program in the clouds so I am left with Outlook as my only Windows application that can be installed on my computer. WHY?

Why hasn't RIM created a desktop app to sync all the Calendar, memo, TODOs and Notes features to a PC easily? (And you know I'm not referring to that hideous Desktop Manager) Does anyone know of a better solution than the one I'm using? Do people input all their data directly on the phone these days? Gosh, I miss my old Palm, Palm OS and Palm Calendar - they worked seamlessly for me.

And speaking of syncing, jeez, I gave up on Splash Shopper because they gave up on auto syncing with the BB and their Splash ID's sync is no winner either. Owning a BB is getting tougher to applaud. I am a physical keyboard person, so there isn't much out there in smart phones that I like, but I'm getting frustrated. Especially after paying all that money to Verizon for their voice and data plans.
    quit whining, get with the program, and USE GOOGLE SYNC. You'll thank me for kicking your b u t t into gear. seriously.
    09-15-10 08:16 PM
    CyberchickK said, "Personally I prefer not to have all my personal information synced to a program in the clouds" so that eliminates Google Sync.

Anyone who is security conscious would avoid Google Sync.
    09-15-10 08:20 PM
    CyberchickK said, "Personally I prefer not to have all my personal information synced to a program in the clouds" so that eliminates Google Sync.

Anyone who is security conscious would avoid Google Sync.
    are they a head of state or a spy?? give me a break.
    09-15-10 08:33 PM

I will answer your question with an old saying; The needs of the many (Outlook & Google users) outweigh the needs of the few or the one (your needs).

RIM is using a widely distributed and available program as an interface for their desktop Calendar/ToDo/Memo application. They benefit in that they do not have any development costs involved and have a stable and reasonably well liked program (except by you).
    09-15-10 09:06 PM
    are they a head of state or a spy?? give me a break.
    Neither, just someone who apparently doesn't want their address book, calendar, emails, etc. etc. etc. available to the Chinese et al who have hacked past Google's so called 'security'.
    09-16-10 01:16 AM
    Seems like you have a big problem. I dont know of any syncing solution other than the ones that you have already criticized. And thats for any smartphone. If you want to sync your personal information, then you will have to use one of the alternatives that you dont seem to be fond of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 05:35 AM
    I have an old iPaq I'll sell you cheap, comes with ActiveSync too.
    09-16-10 08:38 AM
    I've come from reading another thread (on the Torch forum) that says when syncing to Outlook, there's a strong likelihood that old calendar appointments will be deleted.

How can this be avoided? (I'm only interested in backing up calendar and other data (contacts etc) that I've entered on my device, I don't enter data on Outlook)
    09-17-10 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD