I have a 9650 and my wife has an original storm. One of the features we use most is the bb calendar. I have my calendar and she has hers but we are linked with a bbm group to share family events or appointments.

I'm sticking with my bb, her storm is on its last legs, she only likes touch screens. If verizon doesn't release a touch bb soon and she must choose an Iphone or droid will there be a way we can still share a calendar?

I believe we can share a google calendar but all my appointments that don't involve my wife will be on her phone and vice-versa correct?

Any help would be appreciated.
    06-03-11 07:54 AM
    if she ends up getting another phone besides bb you could start a gmail acct to use the calendar and both have permission to add/edit/view the calendar. You would then need google sync on your phones then to have this upload/sync to your bb calendar.
    06-03-11 08:02 AM
    if she ends up getting another phone besides bb you could start a gmail acct to use the calendar and both have permission to add/edit/view the calendar. You would then need google sync on your phones then to have this upload/sync to your bb calendar.
    Thanks,
    But would she have to view all of my appts. on her calendar and would I see all of hers?
    06-03-11 08:14 AM
    I come here
    06-03-11 08:23 AM
    Thanks,
    But would she have to view all of my appts. on her calendar and would I see all of hers?
    Not necessarily. Google lets you have multiple calendars per account. So in addition to your main/personal calendar (which you can share), you could also set up a work calendar (which you wouldn't have to share) that could contain your appts. And even if you shared both calendars, Google Sync lets you select which calendars you want sync-ed to you phone.

But in either case, you would have to separate out your personal schedule and your appointments into different calendars on Google.
    06-03-11 09:31 AM
    Not necessarily. Google lets you have multiple calendars per account. So in addition to your main/personal calendar (which you can share), you could also set up a work calendar (which you wouldn't have to share) that could contain your appts. And even if you shared both calendars, Google Sync lets you select which calendars you want sync-ed to you phone.

But in either case, you would have to separate out your personal schedule and your appointments into different calendars on Google.
    Thanks for clarifying. So it seems that bb calendar might be the only option for seeing everything (mine & groups) together in same calendar.
    06-03-11 09:52 AM
    Thanks,
    In both Gmail and your Blackberry calendar, you have the option to set any appointment as private. When you share you have the option of allowing others to view or not view any event.

"Private
    For public or shared calendars, select this option to make sure only you and other calendar owners (those with 'Make changes to events' privileges and higher) can see the event and its details."
    06-03-11 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD