HI ,

i am driving myself crazy about blackberry calendars!!!! i run a business off my blackberry & had a crazy amount of them!

Basically i need to keep buying used 9700 from ebay ( 4 th for this year alone) and down grading the software back to 5, because the calendar on the 6 ( & i would think 7) on day view puts the text side by side & not on top of each other like it use! i cant have this as we have so many appointments at one time its easy to miss an appointment!

Can anybody help?
    can you add old blackberry calendar from o.s 5 onto newer blackberry software?
    or add 5 o.s onto a new blackberry?
    or customisze calendar so entry text is not side by side?

Many thanks

matty
    08-25-12 02:04 PM
    with OS 7 you have an actual calender and you can go to the day and lick it and have everything organized with a colored bar one on top of the other.OS7 has a rather handy calender
    08-25-12 02:10 PM
    thanks for info! but what would happen if you have say 5 entries at the same time? would it not put them side by side??
    08-25-12 02:18 PM
    thanks for info! but what would happen if you have say 5 entries at the same time? would it not put them side by side??
    It seems my Calendar appointments at the same time are next to each other. Not on top of each other.

Have you looked for a Calendar app ?
    kirkas likes this.
    08-25-12 02:26 PM
    No.... well kind of! look on laptop on bb app world, but dont have app world on phone

& i cant find one
    08-25-12 03:11 PM
    also ben1232 are you using 7.0 ?
    08-25-12 03:13 PM
    also ben1232 are you using 7.0 ?
    I'm using 7.1 / 9900. I did look for a business app which may have had the feature which you want but couldn't find it.

Someone recommended it in a recent thread here.
    08-25-12 03:58 PM
    whats wrong with appointments set side by side, i doubt there are very many that are set to be at the same time and even so tey are boxed off and easy enough to click on and view
    08-25-12 04:27 PM
    thanks ben1232, i will have a look! GTIleo, i run a team of employees of my blackberry calendar & my office use's out calendar which sync's with my blackberry then i organise team . we could have up 10 entries at one time & 30 within the hour. when text is side by side it is unreadable & i miss appointments, this is the problem i have! 5.0 does nt do this, it put it on top of each other so i can read all appointments. So i think the only options are: ( unless i find a calendar on another type of phone which does this)

08-26-12 02:44 AM
    thanks ben1232, i will have a look! GTIleo, i run a team of employees of my blackberry calendar & my office use's out calendar which sync's with my blackberry then i organise team . we could have up 10 entries at one time & 30 within the hour. when text is side by side it is unreadable & i miss appointments, this is the problem i have! 5.0 does nt do this, it put it on top of each other so i can read all appointments. So i think the only options are: ( unless i find a calendar on another type of phone which does this)

oh i understand well i don't think the OS5 calender can be put on OS7 it is already a native app and i don't think it would run right even if it could be installed on OS7
    08-26-12 02:59 AM
    @Kirkas, the app I couldn't remember is called Pocket Informant in App World.

It has a free trial.

EDIT: I downloaded it last night & kept getting the spinning clock.

It has now been deleted.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 08-26-12 at 12:01 PM.
    08-26-12 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD