I have a Blackberry 8330 which I got about 2.5 years ago. I'm ready for an upgrade. Any suggestions on which blackberry or which device to get in general? I'm a big emailer so emailing and ease of typing is very important to me. However, I want to be able to use the internet for a variety of things and download apps. I'm going to be using the internet as well as apps more and more going forward.

I have Verizon and I need to stick with verizon. Any suggestions on which blackberry or smartphone to get?

Thanks in advance!
    02-24-11 12:26 PM
    Bold 9650, although if you can wait there might be some interestin devices. Check out the 2011 roadmap for more info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 12:28 PM
    Another option would be Verizons Curve 3G 9330.
    - does have 3G and WiFi
    - runs OS6
    - less expensive compared to 9650
    (- different keyboard) can be pro or con
    (- different track pad) can be pro or con

02-24-11 01:19 PM
    I've got the Bold 8790 and it's been pretty great so far.
    02-24-11 01:26 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8330 which I got about 2.5 years ago. I'm ready for an upgrade. Any suggestions on which blackberry or which device to get in general? I'm a big emailer so emailing and ease of typing is very important to me. However, I want to be able to use the internet for a variety of things and download apps. I'm going to be using the internet as well as apps more and more going forward.

I have Verizon and I need to stick with verizon. Any suggestions on which blackberry or smartphone to get?

Thanks in advance!
    I just went from the Curve 8330 to a Bold 9650 yesterday. Picked it up on Craigslist. I thought the keyboard would be more of a learning curve, but I got the hang of it real fast. Certainly a nice upgrade from the old reliable Curve. Using OS6 is fairly intuitive. And yes, on the 9650 you can actually use BB App World and it works. As for internet browsing, the stock browser still stinks. I use Bolt Browser, which is good enough for me.

You could wait for the new Curve (Sedona), or the Bold Touch, to come out - check out the Leaked Roadmap - but remember no one is certain as to exacly when we'll see them.

Good luck.

02-24-11 01:47 PM
    do you use your camera? the curve's dont have a flash now, the bold 9650 does.. as for the new ones coming out there isn't any definate info for what provider is getting which and when.
    02-24-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD