Hi All,
    I seem to have a problem browsing local websites from my blackberry browser when i'm connected to my LAN. Don't have this issue on the iPhone but on BB bold it won't work.

The scenario is I want my customers to connect to my Wireless LAN when they come to my store and are waiting. Now i've set up the hotspot to redirect the browser to let's say "h t t p: / /192.168.1.10" where the DHCP address gives addresses 192.168.1.xxx to the clients connecting to it.

So technically it should work but i'm just wondering if there is a some sort of limitation that's not allowing me to do this?

Thanks
    04-03-09 10:40 AM
    You might want to try a 3rd Party browser like Opera Mini, or Bolt. It MIGHT just do the trick. You can also try playing with the settings in the BB Browser options. Open the browser, press the BB button and select Options.
    04-03-09 10:45 AM
    thanks for the quick reply. The problem is that i can't have customers visiting my store go in their browser and configure it differentlyor even download a new browser.

I need them to use the default BB browser. Anyone else know of any default restrictions on this? Does it only work with public websites?
    04-03-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD