Call me crazy, but for the past few weeks I have thought it be a great idea if BlackBerry made BlackBerry Bridge available for all iOS/Android/Windows tablets in the form it was for OS7/PBOS.

I, personally, feel that it would make people for inclined to pick up/purchase a BlackBerry phone when they are able to 'pair it' with any tablet.

A big at the moment is to have a matching tablet with their phone. I know a lot of people (particularly the ones I work with) like BlackBerry 10 but already use iPads or Android tablets and don't want to switch phone because the ecosystems don't work together. One even said 'I would buy a BlackBerry if it was able to do that 'Bridge thing' that it does with your BlackBerry tablet to my iPad.'

If BlackBerry Bridge was made available, it would stream line everything so well. Being able to text, BBM, leech internet, memos, etc from didn't peripherals like tablets etc through my BlackBerry is mobile computing!! You could also add other apps, making it more enterprise ready. What about releasing APIs so things like Evernote and Box.net and CrackBerry.com can be seen on an iOS/Android/Windows tablet through Bridge!!

What do you guys think? Is it a viable software move on BlackBerry's part? Or, am I just crazy insane????

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    xxslxx and CharBerry718 like this.
    09-27-13 08:39 PM
    Call me crazy, but for the past few weeks I have thought it be a great idea if BlackBerry made BlackBerry Bridge available for all iOS/Android/Windows tablets in the form it was for OS7/PBOS.

I, personally, feel that it would make people for inclined to pick up/purchase a BlackBerry phone when they are able to 'pair it' with any tablet.

A big at the moment is to have a matching tablet with their phone. I know a lot of people (particularly the ones I work with) like BlackBerry 10 but already use iPads or Android tablets and don't want to switch phone because the ecosystems don't work together. One even said 'I would buy a BlackBerry if it was able to do that 'Bridge thing' that it does with your BlackBerry tablet to my iPad.'

If BlackBerry Bridge was made available, it would stream line everything so well. Being able to text, BBM, leech internet, memos, etc from didn't peripherals like tablets etc through my BlackBerry is mobile computing!! You could also add other apps, making it more enterprise ready. What about releasing APIs so things like Evernote and Box.net and CrackBerry.com can be seen on an iOS/Android/Windows tablet through Bridge!!

What do you guys think? Is it a viable software move on BlackBerry's part? Or, am I just crazy insane????

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Thats not going to entice them from an iPhone 5s to a Z10
    09-27-13 08:41 PM
    Sorry, but that is CRAZY
    09-27-13 08:43 PM
    Sorry, but that is CRAZY
    Oh well, now I know

Crazy good? Crazy bad?

09-27-13 08:47 PM
    Thats not going to entice them from an iPhone 5s to a Z10
    Perhaps not, but it does go down in the list of 'exclusive features', which BlackBerry sorely lacks.

09-27-13 08:47 PM
    Interesting idea. For some people, it could be enough to pull them away from iOS/Android to BlackBerry. I don't know if this would be technically possible, but it probably is. If BlackBerry actually did do this, they would have to make it absolutely perfect or it would never catch on.

I wonder why Apple hasn't done this themselves?

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    09-27-13 08:55 PM
    Interesting idea. For some people, it could be enough to pull them away from iOS/Android to BlackBerry. I don't know if this would be technically possible, but it probably is. If BlackBerry actually did do this, they would have to make it absolutely perfect or it would never catch on.

I wonder why Apple hasn't done this themselves?

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    Apple won't do this because they don't really acknowledge that other brands exist.

I feel that it is technically possible. It is just feeding information from the device via bluetooth and I don't *really* think that it has much to do with the receiving device.

Saying that, I think it would only be possible for BlackBerry Limited to develop such a thing, and not a third party developer.

I don't know if it would 'pull people away', but it might nudge them over the fence????

Gives BlackBerry good marketing and a permanent spot on iOS/Android/Windows app stores with *hopefully* good reviews.

Isn't that what BBM is all about?

With BlackBerry popping up in good ways in people's faces, it gives them a better light than what they have had/currently have.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    09-27-13 09:22 PM
    Apple won't do this because they don't really acknowledge that other brands exist.
    I meant between the iPhone and the iPad.

09-27-13 10:06 PM

Ohhh, yeah, I never thought of that!!!!
    BlackBerry patented?

09-27-13 10:26 PM

I think the concept of Bridge is a bit flawed though. I'm looking at it from a "needing one device to use another" perspective.

Maybe I'm having tunnel vision. How would bridging benefit an iPhone and iPad user?
    09-27-13 10:34 PM
    I think the concept of Bridge is a bit flawed though. I'm looking at it from a "needing one device to use another" perspective.

Maybe I'm having tunnel vision. How would bridging benefit an iPhone and iPad user?
    Text messaging, internet, and a remote control (ie trackpad)?

09-27-13 10:36 PM
    Text messaging, internet, and a remote control (ie trackpad)?

You can do this without bridging, right?

I think the reason bridging didn't take off as a concept is that it was redundant. It's just easier, I think, to use a tablet as a standalone product.

BIS probably gave it some value with regards to internet access, but does that work with BB10?
    09-27-13 10:40 PM
    You can do this without bridging, right?

I think the reason bridging didn't take off as a concept is that it was redundant. It's just easier, I think, to use a tablet as a standalone product.

BIS probably gave it some vague with regards to internet access, but died that work with BB10?
    Using it now with my Playbook and Q10.

09-27-13 10:48 PM
    I've actually been saying this exact thing for a while now.. I can actually see it happening though. In fact i'm holding off on replacing my playbook until I see on what if any platform this does become available.

We are already seeing glimpses of BBM bridge for windows, so it's not that big a stretch to think a windows tablet may be be inline for full functionality.
    Brutal Efficiency likes this.
    09-27-13 10:49 PM
    Using it now with my Playbook and Q10.

But you don't get any data compression benefit, correct? I thought that was the big benefit of legacy BBOS.

If that is so, why not just tether?
    09-27-13 10:52 PM
    But you don't get any data compression benefit, correct? I thought that was the big benefit of legacy BBOS.

If that is so, why not just tether?
    If I Tether, I can't BBM when web browsing with my Q10 in my pocket/bag.

I just want SMS on Bridge.

Yes, not many on BBM, but when it goes cross-platform, there will be many!!

09-27-13 10:56 PM
    I've actually been saying this exact thing for a while now.. I can actually see it happening though. In fact i'm holding off on replacing my playbook until I see on what if any platform this does become available.

We are already seeing glimpses of BBM bridge for windows, so it's not that big a stretch to think a windows tablet may be be inline for full functionality.
    Exactly my hopes!!!!

09-27-13 10:57 PM
    If I Tether, I can't BBM when web browsing with my Q10 in my pocket/bag.

I just want SMS on Bridge.

Yes, not many on BBM, but when it goes cross-platform, there will be many!!

Makes sense. Got ya.

Since the iPad has iMessage, they probably won't need a bridging feature..
    09-27-13 11:04 PM

No. You don't have tunnel vision. Bridge was a band-aid to give it fledgeling tablet a fighting chance.

If there was anything to it, Google would have been there and done it better.
    09-27-13 11:09 PM

Should work great when I grab the new surface pro
    09-27-13 11:13 PM
    I like the idea, and I think the old BlackBerry would have said "never, or else why would people buy our tablets?" Of course, now that they don't have any tablet devices on the market that will be fully supported in the future, I think BBM opens up the use of Bridge on other platforms as well. Heck, BlackBerry already learned how to create a tunnel connection between desktop and BB10 to have your PC/Mac files available at all times on your phone.

I think they're slowly moving towards a more software-centric business model, then you can never really get rid of them!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-27-13 11:16 PM
    No. You don't have tunnel vision. Bridge was a band-aid to give it fledgeling tablet a fighting chance.

If there was anything to it, Google would have been there and done it better.
    There are heaps of ways to make it better.

09-28-13 03:30 AM
    I don't get it - why would I want to bridge a phone to a windows tablet to access evernote when windows tablets have evernote?
    09-28-13 04:03 AM
    I don't get it - why would I want to bridge a phone to a windows tablet to access evernote when windows tablets have evernote?
    That's not the point I was getting at, but oh well.

If it has other apps, then it helps enterprise. If there are 'company' Windows devices (tablets, laptops, what-have-you), then anyone who sits at te desk is able to just spit out all their accounts from their bluetooth connection to the device from the BlackBerry... instead of having to open and load/login to all your accounts separately.

09-28-13 04:18 AM
    That's not the point I was getting at, but oh well.

If it has other apps, then it helps enterprise. If there are 'company' Windows devices (tablets, laptops, what-have-you), then anyone who sits at te desk is able to just spit out all their accounts from their bluetooth connection to the device from the BlackBerry... instead of having to open and load/login to all your accounts separately.

Tablets are generally always single-use issue so the idea of someone else who "sits at the desk" using it is a bit odd, moreover even if you were sharing a device, you'd have your own log-in anyway.
    09-28-13 04:51 AM
39 12