I hope someone can help, I recieved a new bold last week from an upgrade. Everything worked perfect, until the trackball started playing up. So I had it replaced. Before I sent it away, i made a backup using the Desktop manager. When i got my new bold, i restored this backup onto it.
    Now everything works apart from connecting to the wifi in my house. I live in area where there is no phone signal in most of my house, so im relying on the wifi. It kind of works, I can connect to the internet through the vodafone browser although it gives me an error message saying data service is unavailable. To get arround this i go to google and can surf the net. I have managed to download some apps like google maps and msn messenger, but none of these work and give me a data service unavailable message. I downloaded opera mini and that works fine. So im a bit stuck. Im sure it must be some obvious setting or something. Hope someone has a suggestion.

Ash
    07-15-09 06:46 AM
    If you're using wifi, use the normal browser instead of the vodafone one.
    07-15-09 07:33 AM
    I would reboot the phone and your home network.
    07-15-09 07:34 AM
    I second this. I had problems like this last week and power cycling the router solved it.
    07-15-09 07:58 AM
    try going back to manage connection and highlight Mobile Network options and see if the Data Services is On or Off. make sure its ON. my 02 cents.
    07-15-09 08:02 AM
    try going back to manage connection and highlight Mobile Network options and see if the Data Services is On or Off. make sure its ON. my 02 cents.
    Just checked and its on
    07-15-09 08:13 AM
    I tried this would it be anything to do with loading my old bold settings onto my new one. Anything to do with it having a new pin/imei.
    07-15-09 08:14 AM
    I tried this would it be anything to do with loading my old bold settings onto my new one. Anything to do with it having a new pin/imei.
    It could be something to do with how your phone registers with your network.
    07-15-09 08:16 AM
    I thought you had to set to Hotspot browser!

Robin
    07-15-09 11:18 AM
    Is your wi-fi network protected by mac address filtering?

I restored my Bold backup onto my new Bold but in order for it to connect to the wi-fi network I had to change the allowable mac address filtering on the router to my new phone's mac address.

The wi-fi network at work doesn't have mac filtering enabled so I could connect straight back up from my restored settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:53 AM
    It seems to work now, but im not sure what did it. Thanks everyone for the suggestions : )
    07-16-09 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD