Hey austinkli,

What about the phone app? The main thing I like about my BB is the functionality of the phone app. Speed dials, voice dialing, hitting menu button on the recent call list to select so many other ways to contact someone. How does the Pre stack up on that front?

I decided to go back to my BB from the iPhone because of this type of functionality. I do prefer the web browser on the iPhone but for the browsing I do, the BB browser suffices. I like the iPod app on the iPhone a little better but I don't use it that much to warrant keeping the iPhone just for the iPod app (I only listen to one shuffled playlist). My main reasons for having a smartphone is to have a phone that is smart, not having a multimedia device that is a phone.

Greg
    06-22-09 08:14 AM
    So I just went from a Centro and I know the Pre is supposed to be better but I HATED the Centro because it didn't update my mail instantly like BB does and I don't think Palm has nearly as good of apps.
    06-22-09 03:23 PM
    I currently use a Centro and I am going to try out the pre for a few weeks. I played with it in total about 2 hours now. But my biggest reason for not going BB yet is the lack of touchscreen (not counting Storm, which I wouldn't get anyway.). If they could put on of those out, Id be all over it.
    06-22-09 04:38 PM
    I like both. The keyboard is way better on Bold though, and you know that BB gets the job done, judging that every one whose important has one
    06-22-09 06:41 PM
    depends what youre looking for....the pre, to me, seems a little kiddy but the blackberry is for all the successful businessman, minus the pearl - thats for little girls
    06-23-09 12:15 PM
    First of all the pre has got a full and comprehensive copy and paste feature and also has full emailing capabilities and it took less time to set my email up on than setting it up in windows mail. I get my emails no problem from two email accounts. Also most if not all of the early issue have been fixed and video recording capabilities have been added, webos is now version 1.4.1 in the UK and full flash capability built into browser coming soon.

I think you need to head on over to youtube and search for palm pre games, there is a fantastic array of 3d games available in the app catalogue and they are very impressive, I have recently downloaded modern warefare:Sandstorm which (through wi-fi) you can play local and online multiplayer matches, controls can be a bit difficult but there are 3 control options to choose.

The pre is a fantastic phone and until you own one I doubt you would see it that way, I was very sceptical when I upgraded to this as I was after an iphone but when I found out the insurance was �15 a month instead of �7.50 I decided to go with the pre and I am so glad I did. The iphone is over rated and it is a known fact that the pre is much better but at the moment the lack of apps seems to be the thing that makes everyone want an iphone. Palms app catalogue is growing all the time and I think that if anyone is unsure about what phone to buy, you should go to a phone outlet and have one of the sales people talk through each phone (watch out for commision sharks though!).

What I wouldn't advise is asking on the net because people tend to like their own phones best so you will get biased advice.

Good luck with your choice
    04-06-10 03:58 AM
    well my main requirements are:
    Responsive Time
    Browsing The Internet
    Multimedia
    Call Quality
    Stability
    Ekram, some thoughts. Even though I'm a Blackberry fan, I think the iPhone or Palm Pre are better at web browsing. Try out the keyboard on the Pre if you can get your hands of one (I'm not a fan of it's layout). Iv'e heard the call quality/ reception on the iPhone isn't as good as a Blackberry, but that may be a thing of the past (any dual iPhone 3GS/ Blackberry users out there care to comment?) If you go for a Blackberry, I'd get the Bold 9700, it has the fastest processor available in a Blackberry. Looking at your needs, I'd probably go with the iPhone, but definitely try them all out if you can.
    04-06-10 05:36 AM
    What I wouldn't advise is asking on the net because people tend to like their own phones best so you will get biased advice.
    And as such, your entire post should be taken with a large grain of salt. Bye.
    08-10-10 10:51 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD