08-10-10 10:51 AM
58 123
    i'd NEVER switch from the amazing keyboard on my bold, to tiny keyboard on the pre...

plus, the bottom lip is really sharp!
    06-07-09 05:31 PM
    Well I am actually a blackberry technician at sprint, and I have just spend the past 12 and a half hours selling the Pre. I am a blackberry fanboy, I love them, and it almost pains me to say that after spending the last 12 or so hours with the pre in my hand, I'm switching in 45 days.

Unfortunately employees are not allowed to have a Pre for 45 days, unless it's an advocate, and since I'm a blackberry tech, I am not allowed to be an advocate.

The Pre has an amazing OS. I honestly thought it was going to be overhyped and over rated. It wasn't. The phone was everything I had hoped it might be and more.

Some advantages of the pre (not all):
    the ability to multitask has never been easier
    easily accessible applications
    touch screen like I've never experienced before
    and already launched app catalog
    The ability to link your communications like gmail, yahoo, calendars, phone calendars, and more like you've never seen.
    And internet browser that operates like the iphone only faster
    the fun of having a phone like the pre
    discreet notification

these are just a few.

When you have such an amazing phone running on the fastest network with sooo many things that can run at once, your battery goes quickly, battery life just plain sucks. Granted I was using it NONSTOP to demonstrate everything to customers today, but in a 12 hour shift I charged the pre 3 times.

Heating, the pre will heat up with excessive use. It's just going to happen. It's not going to literally burn you, but it will heat up

Sound: I gotta admit, the mp3 player and external speaker has great "quality" sound. It really does, but the volume doesn't go as loud as I'd like

Honestly, go into a store and look at it. You really can't appreciate it until you've held one in your hand and had the vast majority of it demonstrated to you. I've never seen such an advanced phone that was just sooo easy to use. I sold a 65 year old woman this phone today. By the time she got home a recieved a text from her saying "thankyou so much for your help, this is a wonderful and there is so so much to learn, but I am really glad you showed it to me. I really like it"

I am not switching but I will say I agree a lot with what you have said.. People are knocking the pre because they want to stick up for the blackberrys on this site..

Blackberrys are great in there own right. But denying the fact that the pre is a nice phone is a joke... you have to give credit where credit is due.. They made it a completely nice size for how fully functioning it is. Its more business orientated then the iPhone.. Multi tasking is amazing on it..

the hardware build is not as bad as people say it is..

its going to be a good smartphone and honestly its a great start on the OS.

If multimedia and things are your thing. This phone is awesome.. if you are mostly a "messaging" person then nothing really covers it better then a BB.

But to say the pre is a bad phone is just dumb its going to do well.
    06-07-09 05:31 PM
    I don't think they could have made it less chincy feeling because they spent about 170 per unit to build from what everybody says that has ripped it apart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 06:13 PM
    pre is newer than bold.
    06-07-09 06:59 PM
    The biggest drawback I see is that you have to be on Sprint's network. I switched from Sprint to AT&T 3 years ago and will never go back. I lst any signal on Sprint whenever I went into any building. I can be in an elevator in an office building on AT&T and I still have 3G. A couple of friends are still on Sprint and they tell me it is still the same. Maybe that is only in Central Florida.

From the Pre reviews that I have read most of the complaints are about the keyboard. I absolutely love the Bold's keyboard!!

06-07-09 07:31 PM
    i have had at least 10 phones in my 5 years of having phones (im only 17 lol) and i feel that the bold is the most reliable of them all. i never have to worry about it dying super fast (BIIIIIIG problem with the pre) and i never worry about missing calls or texts or emails. my bold is my buddy and i couldn't ask for a better mobile companion (:
    06-07-09 07:52 PM
    well my main requirements are:
    Responsive Time
    Browsing The Internet
    Call Quality
    I think you'd be in trouble if you bought a Pre for most of those reasons. Head over to the Pre forums, and you'll see quite a few complaints about most of those requirements.

The Pre has turned out to be neither here nor there. It isn't great for business because the keyboard is a nightmare and even the simple apps like tasks and memos are very lacking (even compared to the BB that I feel needs a bit of improvement in those areas, but is still light years ahead of the Pre). The Pre is also not that great for multimedia as compared to an iPhone, so why get it? You'd be better off getting a Curve, Bold, or Tour, and then buying an iPod Touch for when you want to really play. Or, I guess you could get an iPhone depending on how you feel.
    06-07-09 09:00 PM
    Here is a pretty thorough review
    Gizmodo - Palm Pre Review - Palm pre
    06-07-09 09:09 PM
    I have a Colorware Bold and love it...but spent the day with my friend's Pre. Awesome and the touchscreen is much better than even the iPhone's.
    Well done and I am planning on picking one up. Looks like the Bold with be retired to "back up" phone.
    06-08-09 12:30 AM
    I have a Colorware Bold and love it...but spent the day with my friend's Pre. Awesome and the touchscreen is much better than even the iPhone's.
    Well done and I am planning on picking one up. Looks like the Bold with be retired to "back up" phone.

gotta give credit where credit is due..

but I wouldn't drop a bb for it

the pre is a cool phone though.
    06-08-09 01:57 AM
    my only problem in buying the bold is the browsing
    is it really bad as they say?
    does it have a solution?
    and do i have to worry about bold display , they it is fantastic but it is 65k compared to pre 16m
    anyway how much the unlocked version of the bold cost?
    Last edited by Ekram; 06-08-09 at 06:28 AM.
    06-08-09 06:17 AM
    I don't have a problem at all with the Bold's browser. Just optimize it per instructions here http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sol...viewing-93295/

Check out some of the screen problems people are already having with the Pre.

Problem with the Pre Screen... - Palm Pre Forums

06-08-09 07:01 AM
    i made my mind and i will go for the bold and i hope i am right
    it is damn expensive here in Egypt 4200 L.E
    anyone know how i can get shipped and how much the unlocked version cost
    06-08-09 07:41 AM
    the unlocked version is about 600 US dollars..
    06-08-09 07:59 AM
    anyone know a trustful site that ship it all over the world
    06-08-09 02:04 PM
    could anyone please answer my question?
    06-08-09 09:49 PM
    Get a Pre, my brother got his the 1st day of release and I have to admit I'm a bit jealous with my dated Curve 8330. The OS is incredible and browsing is nearly perfect (minus no flash available). Multitasking is such a breeze. Its just a great device. And typing really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I mean it isn't nearly as good as my Curve. But I could get use to the Pre's keyboard if I had the device

06-08-09 10:23 PM
    the unlocked version is about 600 US dollars..
    Unlocked Bold goes around $200-$300. $600 is not even a fair price considering newer BlackBerry's will be hitting the market soon with the same type of processors or better.

Sprint is pretty reliable in service depending on where you are. If you where to get a Bold, do you even know if 3G is in your area? If its not, then your at a loss, with a phone that can only be used around 2G bands when Sprint is 3G all around on CDMA. So aside from the differences in phone specs, looks and availability, do your own research and find out if your area has the coverage you need, not just based on the phones themselves.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 06-08-09 at 10:34 PM.
    06-08-09 10:31 PM
    yes we do have 3g here?
    06-09-09 07:39 AM
    guys what about the iphone 3gs?
    06-09-09 08:31 AM
    could anyone please answer my question?
    Can you use a CDMA phone in your area? If not, you will have to wait until a GSM version is available.
    06-09-09 09:02 AM
    we do have it here
    but at the moment i am reading about the iphone 3gs and it seems rocking!!
    correct me if i am wrong
    you may complain i am asking alot, but i am not a rich guy who buy a cellphone every month, i change my phone every 4 years so i have to make sure that i make the right call
    again thanks for your replies guys
    06-09-09 09:14 AM
    I don't think rich people let others make decisions for themselves.

Why don't you just go to the store, play with the phones for a bit, and make your decision on what YOU like and THINK is best for YOU.
    06-09-09 09:21 AM
    i just want the experts views, is it a problem
    06-09-09 03:25 PM
    I think your confusing yourself between "experts" and "user opinions". Go find a store, and you be the judge.
    06-10-09 12:35 AM
58 123