PLEASE HELP ME.

I've been banging my head against the wall for three days....

I have a blackberry bold 9900. When I got it 6 months ago I set up my emails from my personal domain name easily. So easily it left me in shock. But on wednesday I got a replacement handset because I busted the speaker on the last one.

I went to set up the email the same as last time but, for some reason this is just not working on my phone. It worked perfectly on the previous handset (same model) but when setting up this time Blackberry insists that my password is wrong when I can say with all confidence that it's right, I've checked on my webmail a thousand times, I also have it on Thunderbird on my desktop and know the password is right!

Orange reckon it's a problem with the Blackberry's presets and them not recognizing the 'security certificates' because my email address is one thing but the grid server address is something else.

I've tried changing my password just in case the blackberry doesn't like symbols in passwords. I've tried setting it up on the web, orange have tried through their system and I've tried on my handset. My personal domain is hosted by Media Temple Grid Service.

I would really appreciate some help. I've been banging my head against the wall for three days on the phone to Orange's technical department who have no answers.
    09-07-12 02:54 AM
    Same thing happened to me. If your setting up the same email as you use to log into blackberry market there is a glitch there somehow. I forgot exactly what I did but I remember backing out of the setup all the way and re-adding my email separately and finally it took it.
    09-07-12 04:30 AM
    Have you tried RIMs tech services?
    Is this a new device that you have?
    of course you pulled the battery and did a reset by now.
    are you on the most up to date OS?
    09-07-12 04:32 AM
    Wipe it and start afresh.
    09-07-12 10:12 AM
    Same thing happened to me. If your setting up the same email as you use to log into blackberry market there is a glitch there somehow. I forgot exactly what I did but I remember backing out of the setup all the way and re-adding my email separately and finally it took it.
    Could you tell me what Blackberry Market is? (I'm in England and I've not heard anything BB related called that, we may have a different name for it). I have set up my blackberry ID but there's nothing else involving my email address + blackberry on my phone. So probably not the same problem. But thanks so much for replying.
    09-08-12 03:00 PM
    Have you tried RIMs tech services?
    Is this a new device that you have?
    of course you pulled the battery and did a reset by now.
    are you on the most up to date OS?
    I've put this post up on the Blackberry forum for Blackberry Bold but no replys yet. I dont think there's anyway I can communicate with RIM directly. Orange have a blackberry tech team but they dont have any answers for me.

It looks like a new handset straight from orange as a replacement for my last one of the same model.

I have pulled the battery. Can I factory reset from the phone?

My current software is 7.1.0 bundle 1149. I wish I could hook it up to my computer but BB idiotically no longer support early mac OSX which i think is disgusting. I've got a imac running on 10.5.8 and cant find any downloads of previous 'desktop managers' online.

(REALLY APRECIATING YOUR ANSWERS! THANKS )
    09-08-12 03:14 PM
    Could you tell me what Blackberry Market is? (I'm in England and I've not heard anything BB related called that, we may have a different name for it). I have set up my blackberry ID but there's nothing else involving my email address + blackberry on my phone. So probably not the same problem. But thanks so much for replying.
    BlackBerry AppWorld is the correct name which the other poster called BlackBerry Market. To ensure your password is correct access your email account from a desktop or notebook computer. If the password is valid and you used the same email account and password for BlackBerry AppWorld, that is your BlackBerry ID, try logging into the BlackBerry ID portal and into BlackBerry AppWorld from your desktop or notebook computer. If these tests allow you to log into both BlackBerry ID portal and BlackBerry AppWorld, you could delete the email account from the BlackBerry smartphone, reboot the smartphone just to be safe, and then re-integrate the email account. Also, there have been known issues with the back-end databases for BIS email accounts getting corrupted and BlackBerry Technical Support had to escalate to an analyst to fix the database record.
    09-08-12 05:40 PM
    There might be a simpler solution, and I've been caught with this before. When you hold down a letter key on a keyboard, it becomes a capital, and BB passwords are case-sensitive. When you set up your password on the new handset, are you sure you didn't linger on one of the keys just a few milliseconds too long? You might have slipped a capital letter or two in there somewhere. Short of checking every possible combination of lower- and upper-case letters, I would suggest wiping the device and starting again.
    09-09-12 04:53 PM
    There might be a simpler solution, and I've been caught with this before. When you hold down a letter key on a keyboard, it becomes a capital, and BB passwords are case-sensitive. When you set up your password on the new handset, are you sure you didn't linger on one of the keys just a few milliseconds too long? You might have slipped a capital letter or two in there somewhere. Short of checking every possible combination of lower- and upper-case letters, I would suggest wiping the device and starting again.
    I've tried selecting 'show password' to confirm my password is correct.
    09-10-12 07:54 AM
    BlackBerry AppWorld is the correct name which the other poster called BlackBerry Market. To ensure your password is correct access your email account from a desktop or notebook computer. If the password is valid and you used the same email account and password for BlackBerry AppWorld, that is your BlackBerry ID, try logging into the BlackBerry ID portal and into BlackBerry AppWorld from your desktop or notebook computer. If these tests allow you to log into both BlackBerry ID portal and BlackBerry AppWorld, you could delete the email account from the BlackBerry smartphone, reboot the smartphone just to be safe, and then re-integrate the email account. Also, there have been known issues with the back-end databases for BIS email accounts getting corrupted and BlackBerry Technical Support had to escalate to an analyst to fix the database record.
    Hi, Ok, Here's what I know from checking what you suggested.

My email Password is correct.
    I am logged into Appworld on my handset and have just done so online.
    Under 'Blackberry ID' on appworld site it states that my email is 'confirmed'

Sorry what is Blackberry ID portal? (google doesnt seem to come up with anything obvious when I type that in). Are you suggesting I delete my Blackberry ID from the phone? No email is set up, i dont get anyfurther than 'yours password is incorrect' so there's never been email set up on my phone.

I wiped the whole thing yesterday using Desktop Manager but still no joy.
    09-10-12 08:05 AM
    Just a shot in the dark, but sometimes when setting up a Blackberry unsuccessfully, going to the URL BlackBerry.com/integrate using the phones browser can sort things out and start the email setup properly.
    09-10-12 08:24 AM
    I've just been on the phone to Orange for two hours admittedly most of which has been spent on hold between departments. The woman on the phone says they cant set my email up for me and my email provider has to do it for me. My email provider isn't a person it's a massive faceless company with no way of getting intouch with them (gs) Grid-Service - Best Shared Web Hosting Provider - Media Temple

Why should I have to get intouch with them.THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MY EMAIL. The problem has to be with Blackberry surely?

I'm so tired of this.
    09-10-12 09:47 AM
    Have you tried the blackberry.com/integrate method? If you have and you get the same results, the problem is probably with your email provider.
    09-10-12 10:20 AM
    Have you tried the blackberry.com/integrate method? If you have and you get the same results, the problem is probably with your email provider.
    We put in a support request with Media Temple and it's not any problem on their side. Orange have raised the issue with RIM at last as it's definitely a problem on their side. It's a bit too techy for me to explain well but my take on it is that since I switched handsets Blackberry's system has changed and it fails to correctly recognize the right security certificates for my type of email provider.

Orange only started to take me seriously when one of them tried setting my email address up on an iphone and it worked instantly. The problem is definitely with RIM and it's been a week without any progress since the matter was raised with them.

I don't want to switch to Android or Iphone but if this isn't resolved by next week I'm going to have to. I just wish one of blackberry's team would see my forum post!
    09-21-12 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD