I recently upgraded my BB from an 8800 to a 9000 and am having some GPS issues.

While the GPS in the 8800 worked all the time, the 9000 constantly reports "weak satellite signal" and fails to actually work. Every so often I do get the GPS working, but it's not consistant enough to be reliable.

This experience is completely while outside - either standing or in the car. I have also turned GPS Location Aiding on/off without effect.

I am using 125 software on the Rogers network and am using Telenav 5.1 for my GPS navigation.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if either the 126 or 134 software builds fixes the GPS experience at all?

Thanks
    Bill
    09-03-08 09:26 AM
    using the 132 build and have never hade a problem finding the sattelites takes some time
    But once I have a lock its usually solid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jhill3206; 09-03-08 at 06:18 PM. Reason: wrong build type (wasn't paying attention)
    09-03-08 10:05 AM
    I can't get a signal at all.
    I recently upgraded my BB from an 8800 to a 9000 and am having some GPS issues.

While the GPS in the 8800 worked all the time, the 9000 constantly reports "weak satellite signal" and fails to actually work. Every so often I do get the GPS working, but it's not consistant enough to be reliable.

This experience is completely while outside - either standing or in the car. I have also turned GPS Location Aiding on/off without effect.

I am using 125 software on the Rogers network and am using Telenav 5.1 for my GPS navigation.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if either the 126 or 134 software builds fixes the GPS experience at all?

Thanks
    Bill
    04-07-09 02:48 PM
    give googlemaps a try, my gps worked on this, its not a navigator, but a cool app to have.
    Google Maps SMS Link
    04-07-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD