I need help!! I am having trouble with my new Bold 9900. It keeps shutting off when I receive texts or bbms. I have called the tech help and they told me to wipe it clean and start over...however this has not fixed the problem. I am so frustrated I am considering switching it for new Torch...but I REALLY like the Bold. Has anyone else had this problem?
    09-14-11 12:15 PM
    I need help!! I am having trouble with my new Bold 9900. It keeps shutting off when I receive texts or bbms. I have called the tech help and they told me to wipe it clean and start over...however this has not fixed the problem. I am so frustrated I am considering switching it for new Torch...but I REALLY like the Bold. Has anyone else had this problem?
    If the phone is actually powering off to where you have to turn it back on I would personally take it back and get a new device before it goes too far. It should not do that just because you get a text or BBM.
    09-14-11 12:37 PM
    I have taken back first one...and now this one is doing the same thing...so frustrated!
    09-14-11 01:31 PM
    I have taken back first one...and now this one is doing the same thing...so frustrated!
    Did you make sure someone at the store checked out your phone before you left to make sure this was not going on? It would not seem to me that this unusual situation would happen to begin with much less on 2 new phones.

I think as log as you have a new exchanged phone it might be best for you to get your carriers tech support involved to see what they say about it. I don't really use BBM to tell you the truth and send much more email then texts but this behavior has never happened on my 9930 since I have had it.
    09-14-11 01:45 PM
    Did you do a fresh install without bringing over any old apps?

ONLY installing apps through App world compatible with OS7?

I had a few OS5 apps that ran on OS6, but once moved to OS7 they caused me nothing but troubles, deleting them really helped me.

I wish device switch wizard would have NOT transferred them over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 06:05 PM
    Stupid question, but when you said "wipe it clean", you know what that really means, right?? LOL. I'm making myself laugh.

Anyway, did you install a third-party app for texting?
    09-14-11 06:11 PM
    If it's a new device then just go and change it.. ask for a new one...
    09-14-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD