I have an unlocked Blackberry 9790 with no data plan and I cant send or recieve picture message. I can text fine but not pictures. But with or without data plan, I should be able to send pictures correct?

When I go to my picutures and I click on a picture, it only shows the option to send to Email, Facebook, and Bluetooth. But not picture messages. I tried sending pictures with my LG VU PLUS but it also says it is unable to send pictures.
    08-11-12 10:27 PM
    You should get a Blackberry data plan and update the service books on your unlocked Blackberry Bold 9790 to send MMS massages.
    08-12-12 06:08 AM
    No bis data plan = no service books, especially the one needed for mms to work. Get bis plan, get mms.
    08-12-12 07:41 AM
    To add to the above, yes, the BlackBerry uses data for the media part of the MMS.

Talk to your carrier. Years ago my daughter had an 8100 on T-Mobile without a data plan but with a SMS/MMS plan and T-Mobile did some sort of free add-on to her account to enable MMS. I don't know if this is even possible for you, but it won't hurt to ask.
    08-12-12 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD