Hi Guys,

New to this stuff, I have had my white blackberry bold 9700 for a while now on T-Mobile (United Kingdom) and it works fine....ive just managed to make hotmail push by changing protocols. I leave WiFi on, so when i get home it connects to my wifi.....this is saved in the wifi profiles.......however how would i set my blackberry so that when i am in an area which may have free wifi it will automatically connect without having me to manually scan for networks and connect to them so they are saved. My friend is on vodafone UK and she has this set so whenever her Curve 8520 is in any free wifi area it just connects.....thanks
    08-06-10 05:46 AM
    You might want to use the Search capabilities here on CB... you might start with the WiFi Discussion & Help Forum, and possibly in the 3rd Party BB Apps Forum... I believe their was talk about a 3rd party app that could do this... but of course that would have to be running constantly in the background and probably drain your battery much quicker.
    08-06-10 07:00 AM
    I think that you have to save hotspot information the first time you connect to that location. If you set the location to automatically connect, the next time you are there you should automatically go to wifi.
    08-06-10 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD