My blackberry bold 9000 didn't charge last night for some reason so this morning it completely died. When I tried turning it on it would load halfway then the screen would just turn white. I can't use my phone because it turns white every time I try turning it on.
    There's no way I can use my computer to fix this because my laptop can't recognize the device anymore. Although when I do a battery pull, the red light does appear, but only for a maximum of 5 minutes, then disappears and doesn't come up again unless I do another battery pull.

Is there any blackberry technical genius out there who can help me?
    01-03-12 04:36 PM
    please do not double post.
    your first post in the 9000 forums was the correct place.
    01-03-12 06:15 PM
    I turned in my Bold to Verizon for the third time this weekend and am awaiting a replacement, suffering from the same problem you mention. They claim a software fix is on the way, but meanwhile they replace the phone probably with a device that had the same issue-brilliant service!
    01-03-12 06:20 PM
    If your screen has an error on it try this:

*Please note that all information will be wipe from your unit.

1. Download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software
    2. Take about the battery out of your device.
    3. Run BB Desktop Software and plug your device via USB cable without the battery.
    4. A window will appear, click on update.
    5. Enter your email if you would like to know about future updates (optional) and click update and next.
    6. Let the OS download and start to install.
    7. On the install window, it will say “waiting for initialization”, at this point place the battery back into the device.
    8. Let the install finish.
    9. Unplug your device and let the device reboot.
    10. You have successfully reloaded the software on the device.
    01-03-12 06:28 PM
    Try uploading the OS as it might help you out!
    01-04-12 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD