I'm using a Bold 9700, and while I can successfully use my Bluetooth Car stereo for phone calls - incoming and outgoing, when I try to play MP3's / podcasts (with either Podtrapper or the default media player) it will only play over the BB speaker - even though it is still connected to the Bluetooth.

Is there anyway to rectify this problem, and have the M3's / podcasts play over the car bluetooth stereo, as well?

Thanks.

(I have already tried deleting, battery pulling and re-pairing the bluetooth device with my BB, with no success.)

I also know that the bluetooth isn't the problem, since i was able to do this with my Nokia E71...
    04-18-10 03:26 PM
    Does the Bluetooth Car Stereo adapter support A2DP Stereo?

If not, then the MP3 audio will not be sent to the Bluetooth device.
    04-18-10 03:40 PM
    I'm using a Parrot Mini-Slimkit (something or other). It's an external bluetooth (not built in to the car stereo)

I know it was able to play MP3's with my Nokia E71, but, so far, not with my BB.

How can I find this setting?
    04-18-10 03:43 PM
    Portable Bluetooth hands free car kit: Parrot MINIKIT Slim & Parrot MINIKIT Chic

It doesn't say that it supports A2DP.

Bluetooth

* Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
    * Profiles supported:
    o HFP (Hands Free Profile)
    o OPP (Object Push Profile)
    o PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
    * Other profiles:
    * SyncML, Synchro AT, Synchro Nokia
    04-18-10 04:10 PM
    I see... I just don't understand how i was able to do use this Bluetooth for listening to MP3's / podcasts over the bluetooth in the car with the Nokia E71 - I would imagine, it if worked for one, it would work for another, but I guess not.

Thanks for the help.
    04-19-10 12:23 AM
    Because the BlackBerry device requires that the Bluetooth adapter supports A2DP stereo in order for the Media Player to send via Bluetooth.
    04-19-10 06:08 AM
    Because the BlackBerry device requires that the Bluetooth adapter supports A2DP stereo in order for the Media Player to send via Bluetooth.
    Thanks for explaining this to me.

Maybe you can be of further help.

I am looking to purchase a bluetooth hands free car kit that will be compatible with my Bold 9700, enabling me to play MP3's and Podcasts over the bluetooth speaker.

I do not have a car stereo that is bluetooth enabled, and FM transmitter capabilities is not a feature which is important to me.

The main things I am looking for are:

* Good Sound Quality
    * A2DP enabled
    * Voice Dialing capability
    * Ability to play MP3's and Podcasts over the Bluetooth speaker
    * Ability to pair with at least 2 phones
    * Reasonable price

Any suggestions?
    04-19-10 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD