I am not even a year into my contract(Dec will be 1 yr), and I feel like I have a dinosaur of a phone when looking at the Torch or even the Bold with a touch pad. Do I love my Tour? Of course I do as I never had a problem with the trackball since I bought it, and is the most reliable phone I ever had. I do hate having 2 yr contracts though as usually I get bored with a phone after a year. The worst time is always in Nov/Dec when all these new phones keep popping up before the holidays.

It's Torture!
    11-21-10 07:26 AM
    Join the club. The only thing you can do is buy something off contract until the 2 years are up.
    11-21-10 08:01 AM
    be happy you guys only have two year terms in the States. in Canada, we have to deal with three years just to get promo pricing
    11-21-10 08:28 AM
    As soon as you buy the latest technology in any form, it will soon be old news. If you learn how to use what you have well, you are already ahead of the curve! No pun intended!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 09:46 AM
    Idk about your plan specifically but on sprint of you pay for data the primary number gets their two year upgrade price every year. I'd call and ask if you're eligible if I were you.

11-21-10 10:37 AM
    One of the drawbacks of the Blackberry platform is the short period of time that the device has to receive upgrades. At the pace RIM has been going, a new device will have at most a 6 month life span of OS updates. Past that, you'll have to either download hybrids our a foreign carriers update.
    11-21-10 10:46 AM
    Idk about your plan specifically but on sprint of you pay for data the primary number gets their two year upgrade price every year. I'd call and ask if you're eligible if I were you.

Just checked my plan, and I am a premier member so one of the perks is that they waive the upgrade fee. It says to thank you for choosing us, we treat you to incredible savings phone upgrades every 12 months on your primary line?

Now I just have to wait for the Torch to come out for Sprint lol!
    11-21-10 11:32 AM
    One of the drawbacks of the Blackberry platform is the short period of time that the device has to receive upgrades. At the pace RIM has been going, a new device will have at most a 6 month life span of OS updates. Past that, you'll have to either download hybrids our a foreign carriers update.
    There are two seperate cycles: New Model and Support.

I think you will find, there are current updates for the 5 year old 7800 and the most recent OS upgrades apply to all matching models. If there is worthwhile upgrade, it is simple matter for the original carrier to push it out to supported models.

The more technically inclined are free to upgrade to any level, official release, beta test or a hybrid of all the above.

... and no rootkit required.
    11-21-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD