OMG. I have inly had this thing (BB Curve 8330 in pink) since th 27th of December and I'm already hooked. It's 11:30 at night, I'm in bed and my husband is trying to sleep. I'm addicted already. This site is addicting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 11:36 PM
    I had Ghost Armour installed on my Storm today and had to leave it with them for about 3o minutes. I suffered separation anxiety and had to tolerate my loving wife rubbing it in too. I could never go without it for a day!
    01-11-09 11:56 PM
    I can honestly say I wouldn't be able to handle it... Luckily if something happens to my bold I have other bb's to use as backups... But it's happened to me before where I had to wait a few days for a replacement... was a horrible experience, not even joking. That won't ever happen again though that's for sure
    01-12-09 03:52 AM
    Well, as for some of the horror stories I've read upstream, my BB's default profile insures the only time it beeps, vibrates, buzzes, or otherwise does anything at all to call attention to itself is when someone is actually calling my phone number (rare) or sends me an SMS text message (even rarer) while it's clipped in the holster. The red LED flicker is the only thing enabled otherwise, and that I can ignore unless I'm looking for it. I get a lot of e-mails during the day (including notifications from this site) and it would drive me nuts to have my BB going off all the time--and my wife would totally kill me if it did. I'll check it when I'm good and ready to check it, not because it chirped at me, and I hate devices that make noise (my laptop is muted by default and I don't even own computer speakers).
    01-12-09 07:18 AM
    I have mine set to shut off automatically from midnight to 7a. If it's an emergency, there are other ways to reach me.
    01-12-09 07:22 AM
    Im pretty much addicted to my BB Bold but i dont let my BB rule my life or run it like some do. Fact is i run/rule my BB and thats it.

I can go a few hrs or even days without suffering from withdrawal symptoms lol. I go to work, come back at 6 and my bb goes into the charging cradle and enters bedside mode...that way i get some time to myself and if i have emails/sms/bbm messages etc etc...ill answer them when i can.
    01-12-09 07:43 AM
    I think a lot of my problem stems from the fact that there is one person who i always seem to be waiting to hear from...

Waiting, waiting, waiting......
    01-12-09 07:53 AM
    Well good luck and be sure to share the doctor's name & number you see afterwards that helps you.
    01-12-09 08:22 AM
    I think a lot of my problem stems from the fact that there is one person who i always seem to be waiting to hear from...

Well in that case, BBM him/her and tell them to hurry and make up their minds about your relationship - listem to me I sound like Dr. Phil
    01-12-09 08:24 AM
    Well in that case, BBM him/her and tell them to hurry and make up their minds about your relationship - listem to me I sound like Dr. Phil
    Lol, I could probably use a Dr. Phil. =p

Especially since I'm close to terminating my BB over it. Hehe
    01-12-09 08:26 AM
    Well that is not a BB problem. We have set by the phone for years waiting for the boy to call.

My BB does also go to phone only when sleeping. I hate being woke up to the vibrating for a stupid email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:27 AM
    We have set by the phone for years waiting for the boy to call.
    Heard that. When our son calls he's either in trouble or wants something.

Kids.
    01-12-09 08:29 AM
    If I don't hear anything from the person in question in the next couple of days, my BB is going off (and AWAY) for no shorter than one week, but hopefully at least two.

I have a friend on standby ready to intervene and take it away and after that happens, it will be in an undisclosed location for the duration of the separation. I'll be sure to keep people posted on how it goes. =p
    01-12-09 08:31 AM
    I will sometimes activate my "Phone Only" profile so I won't be disturbed for anything but a dire emergency. Emails and texts still arrive, but sit idly in my inbox, safe and sound, just waiting for me to get to 'em.

Usually this is when the kids are in bed, lights out, and everyone knows not to call past 10:00 PM. Only critical family stuff will cause someone to call. So I can rest easy knowing all my stuff is still arriving like normal and will be there when I'm ready to deal with it. Let me tell you, very little else can spoil an intimate moment like the vibrating and tone alerts for some butthead sending you the latest dirty jokes, all in 7 rapid-fire emails. And woe is the fellow who receives those jokes from another female acquaintance! That's a bad scene for sure when one female interrupts another's intimate time.

Imaging the scene:
    A jealous wife reaches across your body to snatch up your BB as it chimes and vibrates like there's no tomorrow. She want's to see who has interrupted her, right at that crucial moment. All because some dope (me) forgot to mute/turn off/destroy his BB. And what does said jealous wife see? Hmm? She sees "Debbie" 7 times across the screen in the From field. So for the next half hour I try to explain, to absolutely NO avail, how "Debbie" is just some girl from the gym, a personal trainer and nothing more than a friend (complete truth), and how I'm sorrysorrysorry I forgot to turn off the Blackberry.

"Who the **** are you?! Jack freakin' Bauer?!?! Is it a matter of national frickin' security that keeps you in constant touch with everyone?! Is the fate of the free world resting with YOU?!"

"And when I find "Debbie", the two of us will settle this MY WAY. Just girl to girl. When we've had our little "chat" (fight) she'll cross the damn street next time she sees you coming!"

Note to self: TURN OFF THE BLACKBERRY!
    Saw a special on TV a few years back on crackberries. Was pretty interesting to hear pro's saying that everyone should take a "vacation" from their blackberries. lol. Maybe it's time for you to do that too! take a few days off from the BB and give some love to the fam.

either way funny story
    01-12-09 08:40 AM
    Just in hang in tough and remember you are always welcome on this site, and also remember there will be another bus coming by in a short while, so if the one you are waiting for doesn't come, jump on the next one and enjoy the new adventure.
    01-12-09 08:47 AM
    I have had mine off for a few days before. but I had some family stuff going on.... but besides that. just enjoy thing of life and have fun... don't let a phone over rule you.

Go home and hug your Husband, BF, or kids and be glad you have them. Life is not to be enjoyed with a phone. It's only a tool. YOU CONTROL IT.
    01-12-09 08:52 AM
    I have had mine off for a few days before. but I had some family stuff going on.... but besides that. just enjoy thing of life and have fun... don't let a phone over rule you.

Go home and hug your Husband, BF, or kids and be glad you have them. Life is not to be enjoyed with a phone. It's only a tool. YOU CONTROL IT.

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I have to hug when I go home at night is a goldfish and he tends to not enjoy human contact all that much. =p
    01-12-09 08:54 AM
    I do it every week. When I get home on Friday, it gets set to the 'silent' profile and it goes in my dresser not to be touched again until after sundown on Saturday night. The Sabbath is a blessed family time and nothing will interrupt that.
    01-12-09 02:40 PM

What for? Let the person go. Plenty others out there.
    01-12-09 02:56 PM
    A bit of an update!

My blackberry and I had a GREAT day and therefore I'm suspending my plan to disconnect from it....for now. =p

*scampers away to play Brickbreaker*
    01-13-09 10:29 PM
    There was a mixup with my replacement Blackberry, so I have been without mine for over 2 weeks. I am totally lost and unorganized. I feel like a cave dweller. I have been tethered to my laptop (which is a heck of a lot more cumbersome than my cute little BB). Keep checking FedEx-will be here tomorrow!!! Whatever you do-DON'T GET RID OF YOURS! You'll be sorry....
    01-13-09 11:29 PM
    I know most of us are addicts and proud, but has anyone else ever thought about shutting your blackberry down for a little while?
    Sacrilegious! I move that she's banned ..

LOL, just kidding.

I've had mine for two months, and it has grown roots to my hand already. I thought people here were just exaggerating about being addicted to this, but hmm yeah... +1
    01-18-09 11:15 PM
    Last summer the BB was sort of new for me still. However, I am already having panic attacks for this upcoming summer (5months away). I have a lake place that offers no service, no internet, no phone, and no TV. I will be without my BB almost every weekend. My game plan is: good books, loads of wine and cap't morgan, and lots of sleep. And if that fails, I will look for the highest mountain top and pray for one bar.
    01-18-09 11:45 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD