Hello i am new blackberry user and loving it, my plan does not support BES but i installed Opera and got the internet working is there anyway i can get the BES working or something similar which notifies me when i received an email (POP). I am currently using a Blackberry pearl 8100 just to try out the BB experience but if i can get BES working without changing carriers i will purchase a BB Bold

Thanks in advance any help would be greatly appreciated as i do not want to go back to my iphone which dies on me every day
    08-03-09 07:05 AM
    BES is normally only used by companies that want to control their BlackBerry devices. You don't need it or want it to get email notifications. If you've got Opera working, then you have data access. That's all you need. There is an email setup wizard on your device that will walk you through setting up a POP mail account. The wizard may be hidden. Press Menu / Showall and you should find it. Run it and follow the steps and you'll have working POP email.
    08-03-09 07:16 AM
    i found it thanks it gives me the option to choose either , i want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server or i want to skip email setup. I choose the first one of course. Then it asks has your blackberry enterprise server administrator provided you with an enterprise activation password. yes ? no? if i click no then it says. Contact your system administrator to find out whether an enterprise activation password will be provided, or if you need to install the blackberry software. If i click yes it comes up with Enterprise Activation
    Email:
    Password
    Pin: which is automatically entered
    i placed my email and password in there and went to activate then it said 'aquiring network connection' then it said activation request failed. A network connection is unavaliable (but i can access internet)

Thanks
    08-03-09 07:47 AM
    maybe you should learn what work email and personal email are really all about. The work mail would be geared mostly towards companies that use a BES server. Any other kind of email would be personal. Gmail, yahoo, ISP, those are all personal. If your company hosts its own email server even though not using a BES, this would also be personal. Do you see an option for the Email Setup Wizard or Email Settings. This is where you can setup and edit your email accounts.

The password that screen is asking for is the PIN # your BES administrator would have provided to you, not any other personal email password.

To save yourself some grief, contact your service provider and have them assist you on the phone with the setup. << This may be your best option. Especially if there is something that you are not understanding or able to explain to us in words very clearly.
    08-03-09 08:08 AM
    sorry i want to setup a pop email which i set up myself for my business my blackberry was previously used by my dad. I have added you on the blackberry messenger waiting for a response t hanks
    08-03-09 08:34 AM
    hello ne one there aha
    08-05-09 05:05 AM
    Correct you probably want to setup a BIS email not a BES email account. You would also need to pay an additional monthly charge for BES access. I agree with John.Hamilton try your service provider and they can assist you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 05:35 AM
    refer below link to setup POP account with BB.
    View Document.
    08-05-09 05:41 AM
    If (when you go into the Email Setup) you are only getting the options to setup up a work email or skip the email setup, then you do NOT have a BlackBerry Data Plan properly set up. In order to get Push Email, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    08-05-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD