That is not so, all that is needed is proper marketing. A couple of examples:

A few days I showed a family friend my z10 with 10.3.1 leak. He went through rough times and has a low end android phone and the work he was doing kind of required a fast phone with good camera, which the phone didn't have.

He was saying he needed a new phone but was low on funds so I recommended the z10 since it's the best value and the most affordable good phone. He said he doesn't like BlackBerry and all I said was that this isn't like the old BlackBerry, it's the new ones, completely different, or something like that, and I showed it to him.

Showed him a couple of features like the Hub and more just don't feel like typing it or remembering it, and he said it was really good and he didn't expect it to be like that.

Also, I went to crack berry to show him the black Friday promotion for black Friday and I told him it's called crackberry because when you have a blackberry you don't want to put it down like crack, and he said yeah, when I had it in my hands I didn't want to put it down. He also said it was bad ***. I showed him how you can preview a pic you took instead of having to go to all your pics and he said wow that's definitely one of the best phone I've ever held.

Now he wants one.

Long story short, there just has to be proper marketing.

Oh, and I didn't push it to him. I guess it also depends on the person showing off the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're right.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    12-06-14 10:35 PM

A few days I showed a family friend my z10 with 10.3.1 leak. He went through rough times and has a low end android phone and the work he was doing kind of required a fast phone with good camera, which the phone didn't have.

He was saying he needed a new phone but was low on funds so I recommended the z10 since it's the best value and the most affordable good phone. He said he doesn't like BlackBerry and all I said was that this isn't like the old BlackBerry, it's the new ones, completely different, or something like that, and I showed it to him.

Showed him a couple of features like the Hub and more just don't feel like typing it or remembering it, and he said it was really good and he didn't expect it to be like that.

Also, I went to crack berry to show him the black Friday promotion for black Friday and I told him it's called crackberry because when you have a blackberry you don't want to put it down like crack, and he said yeah, when I had it in my hands I didn't want to put it down. He also said it was bad ***. I showed him how you can preview a pic you took instead of having to go to all your pics and he said wow that's definitely one of the best phone I've ever held.

Now he wants one.

Oh, and I didn't push it to him. I guess it also depends on the person showing off the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I find the same experience here in the USA, every time I pull my passport out, someone says "WTF is that" and after I do a little demo and let them hold the device and play with the software, they like what they see.

The main issue here is the fact that NO current carrier stocks the device and most folks I know want to touch it and play with it before they buy it and that's hard to do through a computer screen since it's only available online here.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:35 AM
    They don't have the money to try to do that unless they can be sure it would work, their approach of going back to their roots with this focus on the enterprise market and aiming to grow out of that like they did the first time is the smart option for them.
    12-07-14 05:31 AM

Now he wants one.

Posted via CB10
    The example you gave is not marketing. If you said your friend saw a BlackBerry commercial on TV and then wanted one, that would be different. Some people around here think marketing is this magic bullet that could solve all of BlackBerry's problems. It's just not true. I see lots of windows phone ads on TV here in the US, but that marketing has certainly not brought much success to Microsoft in this market. There are a lot of anecdotes on CB similar to yours, but has anyone here told a story about an acquaintance who saw BlackBerry marketing and was persuaded to buy BlackBerry products solely by the marketing?

What you are talking about is "word of mouth", which is something BlackBerry has no control over and which members of CB have been doing for a long time.
    12-07-14 06:44 AM
    Who cares? If I had a nickel for every time I read a stupid article, run into stupid people, I would be a millionaire by now. Not that I am not a millionaire .
    12-07-14 07:08 AM
30 12