Do either of those platforms actually push e-mail? From what I can tell, they really only "fetch." One apparently can set "fetch" to, say, every 15 minutes, but it may still be delayed.

I also have multiplr e-mail accounts. I understand iOS does not handle multiple accounts well.
    Yup, this would be push... I sat down the other day, and wanted to see which one was faster, so I put down my phone and iPad in front of me, and sent a quick email... It took about 10 seconds for both of them to ping and notify me that there's a new email...

As for multiple email accounts, I only have an iPad2, and it seems to handle multiple accounts fine. Though I'm sure there are lots of email apps if you require something out of the ordinary...
    notataloss likes this.
    02-16-12 09:06 PM

I also have multiplr e-mail accounts. I understand iOS does not handle multiple accounts well.
    I have 7 email accts set up on my iPad. IOS5 Hanley's them all perfectly.
    notataloss likes this.
    02-16-12 09:53 PM
    Thanks. From the number of e-mail addresses you have, I infer all are not Exchange. I assume some are IMAP, POP and GMail.
    02-16-12 10:37 PM
    sorry to use an eye for an eye mentalitly here but i think it stacks up well against the itunes bloatware.

Its just funny how we can use overally generalized statements like " rim is failing to adapt in a dynamic smart phone market " because of some issues of software hang, which i havent experinced myself but am not saying is not true.
    OMG thank you! It's sad to say but since using the playbook and being able to drag and drop files, I look at my iPhone differently . iTunes is THE WORST software I have ever used! I hate having to sync and hardly any options. The thing lags and crashes on me almost every time I use it!... I hope it works better on Macs than it does on windows.
    02-16-12 10:46 PM
    All I want to say to the OP is that I own a Bold 9700 and when I bought it it ran OS5 and one day I plugged it into my computer and there was an OS6 update so I downloaded it and WOW, how could you not think there is a difference???? Os6 vs OS7 is also the same WOW it is way better. You may be saying ya but it looks the same...........what's your point? It is efficient and far better performance.
    As far as DM goes I Hate It!!! Personally I hate all cell phone/tablet desktop software, they all feel sluggish. Itunes is the only one that is in anyway really operational in my opinion but i strongly dislike itunes for my own various reasons.....and don't even get me started on quicktime which is a totally different rant.
    In my opinion DM is gonna suck, it has since I first started using it and it will for as long as I use it but, I dont care since I am just patient with it. Also DM7 has also been said to contain a few bugs and RIM is aware so an update should come shortly.

Oh and BB10 is gonna knock your socks off so don't you worry about RIM being the next WordPerfect
    02-16-12 10:58 PM
    sorry to use an eye for an eye mentalitly here but i think it stacks up well against the itunes bloatware.

Its just funny how we can use overally generalized statements like " rim is failing to adapt in a dynamic smart phone market " because of some issues of software hang, which i havent experinced myself but am not saying is not true.
    Well there's ALOT more basis for painting out RIM's failures than the words you quoted, that's just the OP's current problem and he's seeking a solution for it.

Some of you lot need to relax. Brianflys particularly. Y'all gripe about the trolls on these boards but you must realize it's immensely entertaining watching you guys get your panties twisted. I bet that if you relaxed, much of the trolling would cease. Cos' it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Just a thought.

Also,....I know iOS does push email just fine. I assume Android does too. It's no great feat, after all. I've never really understood what makes people think BB is the only platform that can push email. It never has been.
    Last edited by tchocky77; 02-16-12 at 11:03 PM.
    02-16-12 10:58 PM
    Pretty bad analogy. Comparing a piece of software with a mobile device company. But regardless of that, did Wordperfect continue to make money while acquiring an array of companies to benefit their newly acquired game-changing operating system?
    02-16-12 11:10 PM
    As I struggled to install DM7 and read the threads noting that sync is poorer on DM7 than on DM6, it seemed I had seen this play before. To many the mention of Wordperfect might elicit a "huh?" but Wordperfect once ruled the enterprise in a way even Blackberry never achieved. Wordperfect even had the killer feature, "Reveal Codes," that cemented its users' loyalty in a way that even Blackberry's mastery of e-mail management has not developed in its users. All other wordprocessors, and especially Word, were as marginal products as other tablets are to the iPad.
    As has been pointed out before, Word was around before WordPerfect. So was WordStar. And I bet there are editors that still use the WordStar command set. Whether WordPerfect had the kind of hold you describe is debatable, unless you're talking about law offices only.

Alas, Wordperfect was slow to adapt to the Windows world much as RIM has been to the consumer/apps/touchscreen universe. Unlike Wordperfect, however, which was actually sabotaged by MS with undocumented Windows calls that only Word could address, RIM has simply not kept up. Like Wordperfect, RIM's attempts to "catch up" may be supplying its loyal customers with a worse product than the one they already have. Really? DM7 cannot sync as well as DM6?
    Since when is buggy software a sign of being behind the times. If you want to use bugginess as a standard, then there are multiple flavors of linux, Windows, Android, iOS that have paved the way. All with either workarounds or fixes, just like DM7 will have. Anything created by man will, by its very nature, be imperfect.

I have an upgrade now on VZW and have looked at the Galaxy Nexus and Razr MAXX, as well as the iPhone. They all have their drawbacks but they do offer some advances. I am having a hard time figuring out how a a Bold 9930 or a Torch 9850 is an "upgrade" to my Bold 9650. OS7 vs OS6? I only ditched my Curve 8900 becasue it could not run OS 6. Was there really that much of an advance fron OS5?
    I never tried OS5. I started my BB experience with OS6. No, it wasn't perfect. But it was a step toward larger screens and the touchscreens you mentioned. And OS7 is leagues ahead of OS6. Comparing both to WM 6.1 & 6.5 and Android at the time OS6 came out, RIM did a comparable job with those items. With some pretty good steps to move forward. BTW, if the 8900 did what you needed, why did you ditch it?

Oh, and I do have Wordperfect X5 today as well as Office 2010 Professsional. I bought the WPX5 at Fry's and received a 100% MIR. The software is still in its box. I supsect my Bold 9650 will go the same route, maintained on my family plan as an extra $9.99 line.
    I guess I'm different than some people. I buy things because they fill a need, not because they're the latest and greatest. So, what's on my computers are things I'm likely to use, rather than keep in the box. And my phone is the same way. I didn't buy it because everyone else did. Or because it had whiz bang features that I'm likely to never use. Everything I own serves a purpose. And doesn't disappear just because something newer came along.

My 10 year old Onkyo surround system will still drive you out of the room if I have the volume too high. The highs, lows and mid-tones are still very clear. My XP driven Toshiba tablet-PC works well as both tablet and laptop. Likewise my Asus Win7 tablet/netbook. Both allow me to use a variety of software that recognize the stylus as pen and replacement for mouse pointer, with far more features and add-ons than any iOS, Android, OS4/5/6/7 or QNX apps will have for a long time to come. And my 9810 does exactly what I need, the way I need it to. So, you're welcome to go follow your marketing driven quest for something better. I hope you find what will make you happy. At least till the next "great thing" convinces you that what you bought isn't good enough.
    02-17-12 12:46 AM
    As I struggled to install DM7 and read the threads noting that sync is poorer on DM7 than on DM6, it seemed I had seen this play before. To many the mention of Wordperfect might elicit a "huh?" but Wordperfect once ruled the enterprise in a way even Blackberry never achieved. Wordperfect even had the killer feature, "Reveal Codes," that cemented its users' loyalty in a way that even Blackberry's mastery of e-mail management has not developed in its users. All other wordprocessors, and especially Word, were as marginal products as other tablets are to the iPad.
    I do not see any correlation between issues with Desktop Software 7 and Wordperfect.

If Desktop Software 7 does not work, it is simple to uninstall it and reinstall an earlier version of Desktop Software. There is no cost involved with installation of any version of Desktop Software.

It's not like you bought Wordperfect only to realize later that MS Word was better, and you are stuck with inferior SW and have no way of getting your money back.
    Last edited by lak611; 02-17-12 at 01:50 AM.
    02-17-12 01:01 AM
    If RIM fails with BB10, then I suppose you could say that. If they come back strong, then no. The current devices are very very different than your 9650 in terms of speed of the hardware and web browsing capability. Especially the torches are great at browsing the web.

Apps. Well there is a spot where I'd say Os7 is no better. In fact there are probably less Os7 apps. But most of the best ones are on Os7 I think.

BB10 is coming and the PlayBook is already here. That's the big change for RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-17-12 01:18 AM
    Why do people attempt arguments they know they cannot win? Why would you argue a point unless you were convinced your correct? Funny.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-17-12 01:19 AM
    I still miss my 9650. I had a couple other BBs after that, experimenting and all, but they say you never forget your first
    02-17-12 02:47 AM
    I dunno about correlations, but I always loved WordPerfect. Even now, it's a better word processor in many ways than Word 2010 (if you disagree, then you've never worked with words bullets & numbering...). But I use Word, mainly because of compatibility with other users.
    02-17-12 06:01 AM
    If RIM fails with BB10, then I suppose you could say that. If they come back strong, then no. The current devices are very very different than your 9650 in terms of speed of the hardware and web browsing capability. Especially the torches are great at browsing the web.

Apps. Well there is a spot where I'd say Os7 is no better. In fact there are probably less Os7 apps. But most of the best ones are on Os7 I think.

BB10 is coming and the PlayBook is already here. That's the big change for RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Your observation about the relative paucity of available apps for OS7 describes one of the reasons OS7 has not seemed so compelling. The success of BB10 would appear to depend in some part on RIM's success in getting developers to create BB10 apps and not focus their resources solely on Android and iOS.
    ubizmo and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    02-17-12 08:59 AM
    I dunno about correlations, but I always loved WordPerfect. Even now, it's a better word processor in many ways than Word 2010 (if you disagree, then you've never worked with words bullets & numbering...). But I use Word, mainly because of compatibility with other users.
    Could not agree more that WP remains superior to Word in bullets, numbering and formatting AND that I use Word mainly because of compatibility with other users. The compatibilty of software (and apps) across the largest possible base of customers is important to the survival of an enterprise, as well as innovation. BB10 may be a "game changing operating system," as one poster said, but RIM needs developers to create enough sufficiently compelling apps.
    02-17-12 09:38 AM
    In another news I just got my wife Blackberry Curve 9300 ...

Blackberry appeals to me more than Iphone or Android phones.

My 9810 is superb device.The phone feel solid and professional. Also my phone is significant improvement over previous generation BB phones. This is so evident by comparing Curve 9300 and Torch 9810.
    02-17-12 10:35 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD