Could blackberry balance be utilized in the consumer market to create a super smartphone. On one side you would have bb10 and on the other an android O/S. This would give consumers the best of both worlds.
    Let's be honest, blackberry world doesn't have the apps consumers want and apk files don't work that great.
    If john Chen could create something like this then I feel blackberry would definitely have a game changer.
    Any thoughts out there on this idea?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 02:45 AM
    No

Sorry but Balance is not a separate phone - it is a simple container with a few apps.

Now maybe BlackBerry could use BB10 to create a full blown installation Virtual Machine like Bluestacks does on a computer (not just a basic runtime).... But getting Google and the rest of the "Rebel" Alliance to allow this would be beyond difficult. One concession that they would almost certainly require is that this new Secure Android be available to all Alliance members - thus leaving BlackBerry to compete on hardware, which they can't do.

You would have a device with dual SIMS, and a lot of other dual components (or beefed up). Very poor battery life and a very high cost...... and most likely for business dual licensing.
    06-13-14 09:03 AM
    Yep I was hoping to see some use of the hardware virtualization features in the upcoming ARM chips. BB10 + Full Android OS (or another os) on one device.

ARM Virtualization Extensions -- Introduction
    06-14-14 05:15 AM
    Yep I was hoping to see some use of the hardware virtualization features in the upcoming ARM chips. BB10 + Full Android OS (or another os) on one device.

ARM Virtualization Extensions -- Introduction
    You are going to need more power then currently available on bb10.phones not to mention a bigger battery

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-14-14 06:35 AM
    Yep you are right. But maybe Windermere might have the oomph required?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    06-14-14 10:01 AM
    Yep you are right. But maybe Windermere might have the oomph required?

Sent from my XT1032 usiing Tapatalk
    I doubt it bbry isn't known for high end specs even z30 was supposed to be quad core Nope just a souped up dual core
    Even with Chens promish eof a high end phone bbrys idea of high end isn't the same as the industries
    Even Chens idea of a premium phone seems out of touch with consumers
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 06-14-14 at 10:54 AM.
    06-14-14 10:40 AM
    That is true. I had my hopes up last year that BB would be using Texas Instruments Omap 5 chipset.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    06-14-14 10:49 AM
    John Chen needs a plan to win over some market share from consumers. We all know bb10 is a great communication device. Probably the best. But people want apps, they want to pass time playing a game or watching Netflix or whatever whether they are a professional or teenager. People don't want apk files or sideroad. That's the reality. It sucks.

John Chen needs to figure out how to incorporate bb10 and have Google play on the same device or blackberrys market share will keep dwindling to nothing.

I feel this is john chens only move to keep blackberry devices for the long term . Unless he can make blackberry world on even par with Google play or iTunes. Which seems more unrealistic?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 09:05 PM